Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the HK 3's but I cant find a soundclip for the life of me. If I dont get to here them I think i will go with the Bubs. Does anyone have a clip. Thanks

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
HK 3's

Don't believe all the B.S. you hear about the HK 3's. The sound bites are very poor. You won't know if you like them unless you hear them in person. They have a very deep sound. They won't melt your side covers unless you don't jet properly and they don't get any hotter than stock if you jet properly. And whats this crap about they stick out past the side covers, don't all pipes stick out past the side covers, after all these are 3 inches in diameter. I'm not a salesman for HK but these pipes look and sound better than any other on the Retro. They are quite loud, so if your looking for something a little louder than stock don't buy these. A guy I ride with went to hear several different pipes on the 1300's and he decided to go with the HK 3's because of the look and sound.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Re: HK 3's

VTXKC said:
Don't believe all the B.S. you hear about the HK 3's. The sound bites are very poor. You won't know if you like them unless you hear them in person. They have a very deep sound. They won't melt your side covers unless you don't jet properly and they don't get any hotter than stock if you jet properly. And whats this crap about they stick out past the side covers, don't all pipes stick out past the side covers, after all these are 3 inches in diameter. I'm not a salesman for HK but these pipes look and sound better than any other on the Retro. They are quite loud, so if your looking for something a little louder than stock don't buy these. A guy I ride with went to hear several different pipes on the 1300's and he decided to go with the HK 3's because of the look and sound.
I agree here. I don't know why guys are claiming to have so much trouble out of the HK 3" Big straights. I've had mine on for a year now and the only problem I had was my own doing. I changed to straight through baffles and then put the stock baffles back in and got a rattle which was fixed by tightening the crap out of the bolt. No more rattles and have never melted anything on the bike. If the outter heat shield gets hot enough to melt something then you have engine issues imo.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

BadX said:
I agree here. I don't know why guys are claiming to have so much trouble out of the HK 3" Big straights. I've had mine on for a year now and the only problem I had was my own doing. I changed to straight through baffles and then put the stock baffles back in and got a rattle which was fixed by tightening the crap out of the bolt. No more rattles and have never melted anything on the bike. If the outter heat shield gets hot enough to melt something then you have engine issues imo.
I have heard BadX's pipes and they sold me, When I am ready I will be getting the HK's

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have HK 3" No problems with melting.I have a 1300 R. The can be hot to the leg if you tighten your knees in but all in all maybe after 10 times of riding I know that there there.They are pretty deep sounding.Have a friend on the borad who has cobras and he says hes bikes louder than mine going down the road but mine is deeper at idle I guess.I kept the stock baffles in and Im running a Thunder Air type cone filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i listened to the ones on the king of cruisers and i noticed that the hk's were the staggared 3's and i have the long straights and i love em. some people say they're loud but that's what i baught em for. to turn heads.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

BadX said:
VTXKC said:
I'll agree with all of the above....the sound bites are poor and the 1800 stock sounds like a cat throwing up anyway so no pipes make that engine sound very good. If you want a deeper sound pull the stock HK baffles and throw in some thunder monsters and the tone drops a few octaves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts