11 mm open-end/box combination wrench
12 mm open-end/box combination wrench
13 mm open-end/box combination wrench
17 mm open-end/box combination wrench
9/16-in. open-end/box combination wrench
6 mm Allen key
Standard slotted screwdriver
Masking tape to prevent scratches
NOTE: Take care when removing all mechanical fasteners - including nuts, bolts, washers, clips or pins - that secure or support your motorcycle's stock exhaust system. Replace all damaged, twisted, cross-threaded, corroded or broken fasteners, clips or supports prior to installing this Hard-Krome exhaust system on your motorcycle.
WARNING! Allow sufficient time for your motorcycle's engine and exhaust system to cool down prior to removal of the stock exhaust and installation of this Hard-Krome exhaust system. It is safe to work on your motorcycle when the engine and exhaust system are cool to the touch.
Stock Exhaust System Removal
1. Remove right side Foot peg assembly or Floorboard. (Whichever is applicable to your model.)
2. Remove bolts that are holding muffler at rear mounting bracket.
3. Loosen clamps at muffler.
4. Remove muffler.
5. Remove O2 sensor from rear of header pipes and cover with supplied cap plug.
6. Remove the two nuts that secure the rear exhaust header pipe to the rear cylinder head.
7. Remove the two nuts that secure the front exhaust header pipe to the front cylinder head.
8. Remove exhaust pipe assembly.
Hard-Krome Exhaust System Installation
NOTE: Take care when fitting this Hard-Krome aftermarket exhaust system on your motorcycle. It has been designed to replace a STOCK exhaust system on a motorcycle with its engine, frame and other components in their STOCK design, configuration and location.
WARNING: Re-check and re-tighten ALL fasteners and supports after XXX miles, then re-check and tighten as necessary on a periodic basis to ensure proper operation and performance.
NOTE: All fasteners should be loose during initial installation to ensure proper fit and location of the new exhaust system.
1. Install new exhaust gaskets.
2. Install mounting bracket using stock Bolts with flat & lock washers. (See Illustration)
3. Install Front exhaust header pipe, taking care to not scratch chrome surfaces on pipe, engine or motorcycle — use masking tape as needed.
4. Install the two nuts to secure the flange that holds the exhaust header pipe to the front cylinder head — DO NOT TIGHTEN NUTS!
5. Carefully install rear pipe.
6. Install the two nuts to secure the flange that holds the exhaust header pipe to the front cylinder head — DO NOT TIGHTEN NUTS!
7. Install T- bolt clamps onto muffler.
8. Slide muffler onto head pipes. ----DO NOT TIGHTEN CLAMPS!
9. Install nut strip into muffler bracket and start the 3/8-16x3/4” bolts with flat and lock washers.
10. Tighten the two bolts that secure the rear exhaust header pipe flange.
11. Tighten the two bolts that secure the front exhaust header pipe flange.
12. Tighten the two T- bolt clamps on the muffler.
13. Tighten the bolts on muffler at the mounting bracket.
14. Reinstall foot peg or floorboard.
15. Before starting bike wipe off any fingerprints and grease off pipes. Start bike and check for any exhaust leaks.
NOTE: CARBURETOR RE-JETTING AND RE-TUNING MAY BE NECESSARY WITH THIS EXHAUST SYSTEM TO ENSURE ITS FULL PERFORMANCE. CONTACT HARD-KROME FOR THE NECESSARY JETTING KIT FOR YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM AND MOTORCYCLE APPLICATION.