Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
A HD motorcycle and 350CC should never be in the same sentence but it is what it is. Consumers are speaking with the wallets (or in this case, not with their wallets) and you really need small maneuverable bikes and electrics for India and China where the volume is.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
There are so many great deals on used Harley's these days and honestly I don't see Harley making anything big and new I'll ever be able to afford, so personally I don't care if they never make another big bike. If/when I ever choose to buy a big Harley the stock that's available as of this writing will last far beyond when I'm dead/buried/forgotten so it has no effect on me.

If the next couple of generations want a big Harley there will still be used ones out there for them...

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
There are so many great deals on used Harley's these days and honestly I don't see Harley making anything big and new I'll ever be able to afford, so personally I don't care if they never make another big bike. If/when I ever choose to buy a big Harley the stock that's available as of this writing will last far beyond when I'm dead/buried/forgotten so it has no effect on me.

If the next couple of generations want a big Harley there will still be used ones out there for them...
Hell yea, or build your own out of after market parts.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't know the size of the bike has anything to do with it.
Not necessarily physical size of the bike, but more about the hardbags on a Touring bike for some reason. In the past I've viewed these bikes for someone doing long distance riding and needed storage to carry clothes and other personal items for a trip. Not a 10 minute ride to a watering hole.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Not necessarily physical size of the bike, but more about the hardbags on a Touring bike for some reason. In the past I've viewed these bikes for someone doing long distance riding and needed storage to carry clothes and other personal items for a trip. Not a 10 minute ride to a watering hole.
I see what you are saying. That tour-pak on the back too. I'm sure I have, but I don't ever recall going on a 10 minute ride. I always find a way to make that longer ... LOL. I'm not sure why that is either, I'm happy to ride mine to meet for coffee or to ride 2 provinces over, or south of the border. No matter to me. I even use mine to run to the store quickly for incidentals. No matter to me, big bike or scooter, I just love to ride when I can. The bags allow me to pick up a flat of brews if the boys are coming over, and I don't need to take the car. I am getting a QD kit for the tour pak though so that I can go convertible if I want.

Maybe it's less about the type of bike and more about the people who buy that type of bike. Exceptions not withstanding :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
[QUOTE="Harkon, post: 4627660, member: 46315"

Maybe it's less about the type of bike and more about the people who buy that type of bike. Exceptions not withstanding :)
[/QUOTE]
You've touched on something interesting here. People seem to want the higher end models at the top of a manufacturer's lineup and pass up the basic models in the middle of a lineup which are better value for less money. Why is that? Everybody wants to be top dog.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
[QUOTE="Harkon, post: 4627660, member: 46315"

You've touched on something interesting here. People seem to want the higher end models at the top of a manufacturer's lineup and pass up the basic models in the middle of a lineup which are better value for less money. Why is that? Everybody wants to be top dog.
[/QUOTE]
Yup, I know people with $2000 motorcycles that ride the wheels off of them, and guys that have $40,000 motorcycles that need to replace tires due to age. Often those that can afford the expensive full dressed bikes, find less pleasure in riding everywhere. Those that ride and maintain an older bike tend to appreciate the ride more ... just generally speaking. There are, of course, always exceptions.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts