Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck is that hole in the exhaust port on one of the heads?
Looks like a Sensor fitting????
If it is a sensor fitting, can the sensor be relocated to the exhaust header, muffler, or some other place and still function as intended?
I DUNNO :-(

THX
Drycreek

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
What the heck is that hole in the exhaust port on one of the heads?
Looks like a Sensor fitting????
If it is a sensor fitting, can the sensor be relocated to the exhaust header, muffler, or some other place and still function as intended?
I DUNNO :-(

THX
Drycreek
Post a picture of it so we know exactly what your talking about plezzzz

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think your looking at the hole where fresh air is introduced into the exhaust by the "pair" valve.

NOW what are you up to?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rivet
I got tailgunners' old heads so I wont be down any longer than I have to.
I am tearing them apart and cleaning them up before I send them to Kevin.Love tearing S**t up.....just cannt seem to get most things back together :)
Found that hole and flipped out. Can the pair valve be relocated?
Looks like it would cause ALOT of turbulance and disrupt air flow?
THX
Drycreek

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Rivet
I got tailgunners' old heads so I wont be down any longer than I have to.
I am tearing them apart and cleaning them up before I send them to Kevin.Love tearing S**t up.....just cannt seem to get most things back together :)
Found that hole and flipped out. Can the pair valve be relocated?
Looks like it would cause ALOT of turbulance and disrupt air flow?
THX
Drycreek

Som U got your spare heads... Great! Are Ya sure U don't need a NEW one for an extra ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Som U got your spare heads... Great! Are Ya sure U don't need a NEW one for an extra ;)
:lol: A person has to know a little about Drycreek to fully appreciate that joke!

Drycreek,those holes travel up through the head through to the top of the valve cover where a reed valve sits. Guys usually disable their pair system and install "block off plates" in place of these reed valves.The hole I think your describing is thus rendered a dead air space. Without any air being introduced in, (or out,) of the exhaust runner it's probably not making enough turbulence to be concerned with.

What are you going to have Kevin do with your head? (Engine head, that is!)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air flow

Rivet, tenetative air flow experiment. I am not in a financial situation to do pistons and cams right now(another unexpected eye surgery).
It would however be real interesting to see what this engine can do with a major effort in air flow only (valves and porting the heads)?
I have the exhaust I have the intake and the air boxes;Also have a power commander and the injectors. Unsure about the fuel pump situation? I have heard/read that it is pretty good as is but I have a nitrous system to install ???
Anyway, as soon as I can, I want to send the heads to Kevin?
Air flow.....I think I can afford it and it would be something that I dont think has ever been done? No pistons, no cams, just air flow pure and simple;open for suggestions O' Grand Emperial Wizard of Acceleration :)
I know Wayde had David work on his intake, in his post he indicated a positive response; he could have picked up a little pre port swirl and velocity, if that is possibile? I dont know?
Drycreek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts