Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Those are very kewl pieces. AJDobbs as long as it came off an 1800C it will fit. It is my understanding that the 1800 & 1300 are different. Meaning the cowls and brackets are different. This is what mine looks like. I hope these pics help make your decision. When I removed my windshield and put on the cowl, I was accused that I got a new bike!! It definitely changes the look.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
will fit any model

I think if its a 1800 model you can put it on any 1800. Ive bought them for all kinds and have never had a problem. You can even modify the mounting bracket to fit a type 2 or 3 with chrome fork covers by just drilling 1 hole and removing a small amount of material where the bracket will mount around the chrome fork cover (about 10 min work.)

·
Registered
272 Posts
The cowl is very cool looking. Gives the VTX a great look. I'm assuming it doesn't give much wind protection when you are blasting down the road. Am I correct in my assumption?

Hoppy

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Normally, YES!

The cowl is very cool looking. Gives the VTX a great look. I'm assuming it doesn't give much wind protection when you are blasting down the road. Am I correct in my assumption?

Hoppy
I would say that normally you would be correct, but I think that curved 'lip' on it is supposed to push the wind up over the rider, so it doesn't hit them in the chest or face. There are quite a few windshields with that flip. I've been told by those who have them that they work really well. too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts