Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew it would be so hard to buy a new motorcycle. These dealers here in Ohio are something else. I am trying to buy a vtx 1300 s . Anyone here in Ohio know where I can find a good honda dealer?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Honda East Yamaha Suzuki
1230 Conant Street Maumee OH 43537
Phone: (419) 891-1230 Fax: (419) 891-1218

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com

I bought 4 bikes from these guys. They have a pretty decent service dept also.

They are advertising -

06' VTX1300 C, R, S

RETAIL=$9599
SALE PRICE=$7699
TOTAL SAVINGS=$1900

and that IS what you pay, plus tax and license.

·
Registered
124 Posts
webby said:
I never knew it would be so hard to buy a new motorcycle. These dealers here in Ohio are something else. I am trying to buy a vtx 1300 s . Anyone here in Ohio know where I can find a good honda dealer?
Doesn't the sponser of this board have a dealership in Ohio?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Dealership

Not meaning to steal anyones deals, but it may be worth the trip to Chattanooga, TN. Bigredpowersports, Got my 06 1300C for $2,500 cheaper than anywhere else would even quote their lowest $. Even had a buddy of mine go to his #1 man for best pricing and he said he couldn't touch that or get anywhere close.
My local dealer asked if he could at least sell me some aftermarket and get some of my business otherwise because he couldn't compete with the price. It was a win win situation for me. Worth a search on the brain box. Call um up and check um out.
Southern Powersports
southernhonda.com
(866)405-0236
1408 Workman Road
Chattanooga, TN 37407
Sorry if I'm infringing on anyone, mans gotta know his options.
MoeX

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a great deal @ Honda East. It was worth the two hour drive from Fort Wayne, and I got to put 125 miles of break-in on my motor on the way home. I did most of my deal over the phone, and the sales department was great. Cheapest deal I could find.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
aqualung said:
webby said:
Doesn't the sponser of this board have a dealership in Ohio?
HDL has one in Shadyside ,OH.

Here's some prices on some of the 05 bikes they had on sale, not sure if they still have any.

Prices are out the door unless you live in Ohio and then you pay the sales tax and tag.

2005 VTX1800NC25 Orange $9839.00 SPEC 2

2005 VTX1800NC25 Silver $9839.00 SPEC 2

2005 VTX1800R35 Black $9859.00 SPEC3

2005 VTX1800RC35 Red $9939.00 SPEC3

Call Ralph in Shadyside, Ohio at 800-785-6761 if you need more info.

·
Registered
705 Posts
webby said:
I never knew it would be so hard to buy a new motorcycle.
Tell me about it. I went back to the dealer I bought my X from to buy my wife a new Shadow. I spoke with 2 salespeople who were pretty much useless. I knew more about the bike then they did. And neither of them took the time to qualify me to find out when I was looking to purchase. So there I was, ready to buy, and I end up walking out. I then sent an email through Honda's website requesting a price quote, stating I was ready to buy immediately. No one ever contacts me! Nice to not need any business.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got mine from Park Cycle in Canton. Some of the service dept. has changed, but still top notch. Bring in the internet prices and see what they can do. They have always been willing to work with me on the price of my accessories and they give you 10% off all accessories for the first year after you buy the bike.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Two words;

Rick Roush.

I thought that I got such a great deal on my 1800C that when it came time to get my girlfriends 1300C, I gave my dealer all the information I had so he could swing us a better deal and make a sale. He treated us right and their ad even says that they won`t be undersold.

He told us to get the 1300, he could not touch that price.

A one hour drive to Medina saved us alot of money. If I remember correctly, our "out the door price" with tax and all was even less than everybody elses "great deal" BEFORE taxes and all!

Two VTXs from two very nice dealerships, we were treated very nicely at both of them, but the patience while shopping paid off.

Rick Roush
Medina, Ohio
800-321-0163 Ask for Jordan

We also had one incredibly bad experience at another dealership that I can PM you about. It was so bad that we got up and walked away from the table.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Try Sporty's Honda in Fairborn (Rt 235 just off I 675). Bought my 05 there last year and it was $1800 less than the 06's he still had in stock.

Or you could try Competition Accessories in Springfield (Exit 54, I-70), not sure about their prices.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Honda Direct Line in Shadyside, Ohio and Paradox Motor Sports. St. Clairsville, Ohio They are about 20 minutes apart. Those are the two I deal with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the references on dealers but I found a dealer in Lancaster Ohio that has been just great. The name is Joe Carson Honda/Harley Davidson. They give me the best price of all and has been a pleasure to do business with so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts