Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the tech board, but only got one hit, and didn't really get my answer, so maybe somebody here can help.

First off, this aint my first rodeo, I've done a search.

I need the bolt sizes for the deluxe backrest, should be the same for C or R, 1300 or 1800. I recently sold my leatherlykes, bolts and all, and I thought I had all the right ones to go back into the backrest, but guess what? I don't. I'm pretty sure they need spacers and I got two that will fit the front near the seat, but the middle ones, I don't have, spacer or no spacer, what I have won't work. The ones up front seem to have heads on them, forgive my untechnicality, "spelling too", which are slightly concave, top 1/8th of the moon, something, don't know what to call them. The two I have for the middle, which are the same two that I use up front without the backrest, are kinda designed with what I might call thumb heads, where you can grip them between your forefinger and thumb and twist. I hope you guys know what I am talking about. These, I know, are not correct, not long enough.

Long story longer, what sizes do I need, give me the size for the middle ones, give me anything, help me. If my wife leans back one day and keeps on leaning back, I don't believe she's going to forgive me. :wink:

You guys are awesome and have never let me down and now I'm thru sucking, so help me please.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can get the sizes for you when I get home from work. I just put this on my 1300 last night and have the instructions (with the bolt sizes) laying on my work bench.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal sj, just post it on here and I'll check it or PM me, thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The instructions say it's a 10mm short. I don't know what the length is. IF I recall, I think I measured them to be 1 3/4" long.
Hope this helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 different length bolts. The front bolts are longer than the rear bolts. The spacers are also different lengths.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I thought there are two bolts on each side, utilising the first two holes of the fender only. Are you trying to apply three per side? Scott

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yak, only 2 per side, the two near the front, 4 3/4" apart (center to center), all 3 are about 12" apart, only need two for the sissybar, rear one doesn't do anything. I guess you knew that, just proving I do.

Stock bolts for the chome piece on the fender won't work, I got two long ones that will for the front with the spacers, I'm guessing they are 10 X 100, the two for the middle, should be a little shorter, my guess would be 10 X 80, but I would like to know for sure. I'm thinking the two I need I sent to a nice airforce guy in NM with my leatherlykes and now he will have extra, but I thought I needed to send him the complete deal so there would be no confusion, thinking I had the spares to make the sissybar work. I've recently moved, so I may have had them at one time, now I don't :oops: .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VTXtreme, cool mod, might just try that, cause it's a booger to get on and off by yourself and sometimes I like to ride with solo seat only. Still needing middle bolt size though, I'm making a guess of 10 x 80, but I have been wrong once or twice, just ask my wife. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good thought VTXX, I should have thought of that, because I knew the stock sizes too. I can take the other one I have and get one 8 to 10MM shorter. Now my guess is, 10 x 92 or 10 x 90. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The instructions don't help. All they say is (2) 10mm long bolts and (2) 10mm short bolts. Same with the spacers. Sorry.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, I'm going to try 10 X 60. I'll report in tomorrow, if I can find some.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just bought these for my bike. The long ones from the Honda Deluxe backrest are 10X65mm 1.25 threads. The short ones are 10X50mm 1.25 threads. They aren't easy to find. I do have the place I bought them from if you need it. You can PM me. They don't have 65mm so I went with 60mm. They work just fine. Also they're called "button head" bolts.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys have went above and beyond once again, I appreciate everybodys help. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts