Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used digital stereo system used on ebay about 6 months ago. As usual I waited until now to install it. Now it doesn't work. Trouble shot it and the problem is the speakers are blown out.

Can't find replacement from Honda (have to buy full system!). Speakers are 3/4" x 5 1/2" 4 ohms and marked JVC 08214T and LE 10028-044A.

JVC has no idea what I am talking about. Does anyone know of where there are replacement speakers for this system? Every bit of help is appreciated.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Blown speakers

Bought a used digital stereo system used on ebay about 6 months ago. As usual I waited until now to install it. Now it doesn't work. Trouble shot it and the problem is the speakers are blown out.

Can't find replacement from Honda (have to buy full system!). Speakers are 3/4" x 5 1/2" 4 ohms and marked JVC 08214T and LE 10028-044A.

JVC has no idea what I am talking about. Does anyone know of where there are replacement speakers for this system? Every bit of help is appreciated.
Checkout this website, perhaps they can repair your speakers.

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solution

Finally had to pony up $150.00 to Honda for speaker bar replacement. Part# 08A08-9H1-000-02.

What a rip off.But gonna sell bike and adds $$$ having functioning Digital Audio system.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Finally had to pony up $150.00 to Honda for speaker bar replacement. Part# 08A08-9H1-000-02.

What a rip off.But gonna sell bike and adds $$$ having functioning Digital Audio system.

Not really...some people will pay for it and some want. You probably will do better selling the system itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts