Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yes, interesting. But if competing with HD at this level is what they have in mind, they'd best have more tricks to follow. Part of what keeps HD exciting in the midst of all that seems so archaic and traditional is that they parade out new twists and special editions of models at least once a year. What Honda has typically done is periodically come out with something truly revolutionary, and then sit on it for 10 years. That ain't gonna work if they're thinking their one magic bullet is the Fury.

I have to admit, the more I see of this thing, the more curious I am. It looks like it could be a sharp looking ride. Not something I'd be interested in myself, and they are a little late to the table with a 'factory chopper'. But they could be up to something good if they take that basic platform (FI 1300, soft-tail look, just for starters) and introduce a new flavor on it every year or so to appeal to different tastes. Which would be a huge departure from how they've done it up until now, but who knows ... :dontknow:

·
Registered
485 Posts
From Merriam-Webster's online dictionary:

Main Entry: 2custom Function:adjective Date:1830 1 : made or performed according to personal order 2 : specializing in custom work or operation <a custom tailor>

Main Entry:1chop·per Pronunciation: \ˈchä-pər\ Function:noun Date:1552 1: one that chops2plural slang : teeth3: a device that interrupts an electric current or a beam of radiation (as light) at short regular intervals4: machine gun5: helicopter6: a high-bouncing batted baseball7: a customized motorcycle

The chopper definition is a bust - does that make a customized sportbike a chopper? I don't think so.

Just some more useless info to add to this thread.

I personally think the Fury will be a good looking bike with Honda reliability. Yea, it's a couple years too late but I'm sure they'll be lapped up by younger buyers. I'm looking forward to seeing good pics of this thing. But that's not the kind of bike I'd be looking to purchase as a more experienced rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts