Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read that Honda Hoot 2009 has been canceled.

I think I am just about done with Honda. They may be wise in all their decisions but as a consumer I am getting more and more unhappy with them. Our local dealer that is even located in our Capital city SUX, no more manufacturing in the US and an limited and old boreing line of cruisers. They make great equipment but many models are getting stale.

What gives, HONDA???????????

·
Registered
944 Posts
I won't be going away from a Honda because of the fact the Hoot is gone. As for the manufacturing going away I think that was a bad idea also but as for your statement of a "limited and boreing line of cruisers" goes I never fail to get a comment of how great the X looks when I'm out on a ride....or ever worry about it being stolen due to the number of folks who stop and look it over when it's parked somewhere.
But that's just my side of the coin on it though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Honda seems to have made some bonehead decisions the past few years but it does not change the character or dependability of the VTX. I plan on keeping mine as long as it will have me. With the news in the auto AND motorcycle industry as a whole as bleak as it is I can see the bean counters seeing the Hoot as an optional expense that the company could do without. I didn't buy my X because of the Hoot, or any other Honda promotion. I bought it because it was the best value and most dependable big v-twin available at the time. Five years later it is still both of those things.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not leaving Honda because they canceled the "hoot" and I love my X.
My X is also not boring.

However when I go to the Honda dealer, or for that matter go to the International Motorcycle show, I just do not get exicited like I think I should. I think canceling the Hoot was a business decision and Honda will probably will be money ahead in the short term. However the econemy is bad because people are scared to spend money, then more people get scared then businesses react and it just goes on and on and gets worse and worse.

Remember that over 93% of us that want a job have a job.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I plan on keeping my X until it's no longer road worthy, I have 14k miles on it now and I love it. But I don't plan on buying another Honda after this one. I also ave a 2007 Victory. So im good for another 3-5 years anyhow. But my next purchase will likely be a H.D. Streetglide. I use my bike for daily commutes to and from work 30 miles each way. And I would like to have a few of the comfort features that are offered by H.D.

·
Registered
61 Posts
so when you find a motorcycle that is better than YOUR honda you should buy it. i,m sure someone would really like to have your most dependable and stale X! now get outta here

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr Mule,

What is the difference between a mule and an as_?

When you own this forum or get promoted to moderator I will disregaurd your rude remarks.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey pappy i was,nt trying to be rude it,s a joke! just tired of all the honda bashing that goes on around here,but hey i don,t have to read the posts.so if it makes you happy then continue to do it. and to you sir merry christmas.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hang in there Pappy. If you've been happy with the brand in the past just stay loyal and I'm pretty sure Honda will make us all very proud soon enough. Everything I've ever been a fan of, from football teams to cars to certain fast foods and so on, has had some tough trial and error episodes during transitional periods.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I could be called Honda bashing but I thought I was just voicing my frustration with them
No one would or will argue with the quality of Honda products, Honda is the standard.

But they lag behind in new product intros. Even the 4-wheeler line suffers. most other major brands have had side by sides for years but Honda just a month ago brought out their's.

When I bought my 03 1800 C in Feb of 03 I had LUSTed for this bike for almost a year. I drove 1,000 miles to Honda Hoot just to test ride one and compare to others. This bike stirred my soul, Candy Apple red, beautiful, and with V&H bigshots it sounded like a monster looking for prey.
It was the first monster motor cruiser also known as V Twin Xtreme, ie:VTX. I felt special on my X. Now X's are everywhere and the luster has dulled. They have done away with the 1800 and came out with an DN1 or something scooter and we are waiting on a Honda chopper?

I want some fire from Honda back in my belly. I want the excitement back that made me drive 1,000 miles for a test ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So if that is Honda bashing I am sorry.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I really don't think you're bashing, I think you're putting a voice to the frustrations that a lot of us are feeling. And you have some very valid points as well and hopefully someone from Honda is taking notes.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
My husband, a friend and I went to a small Veterans Day Parade and after the parade (very slow moving), we pulled over in an empty parking lock along with all the other bikes. Looking around, I noticed that all the other bikes were Harleys. Guy beside us said, "one thing I don't like about Harleys, they can't ride in these parades without running hot". We exchanged a few more greetings and pulled on out and left them to cool off. That's why I like my Honda, it's always ready to go.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts