Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone so my water pump took a crap on me and I just replaced it the guy at go az told me I only needed 3 bottles ....well 3 bottles did not fill her up full so my question is can I run some distilled water in it to top it off the mixture is 50/50 already so I'm not sure ....this is on my 2003 vtx1800c thanks everyone all info is appreciated

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I filled it up under the tank where the radiator cap is and ride now is closed and that's the only place that sells it and I need to ride it today

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
My first coolant change I used Honda auto Long Life coolant 50k miles or 5 years...
Since then Prestone AF concentrate.
Several more Ride Now stores in AZ. Open on Monday!

·
Super Moderator
64,298 Posts
If you're looking for someone to say it's OK to add distilled water to your 50/50 mix, then sure it's ok. But I wouldn't do it seeing as you JUST put it in the engine and you live in/around Phoenix where temps routinely get above 100f. You'd be wasting your effort, time and money doing that just because you "need to ride today"

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If you're looking for someone to say it's OK to add distilled water to your 50/50 mix, then sure it's ok. But I wouldn't do it seeing as you JUST put it in the engine and you live in/around Phoenix where temps routinely get above 100f. You'd be wasting your effort, time and money doing that just because you "need to ride today"
Straight distilled water seems to do fine for race engines.
The humble VTX1300 is miles and miles away from a high performance spec.

I'd be more concerned about freezing protection.

·
Super Moderator
64,298 Posts
I said it was fine to add water didn't I? I did add that I wouldn't waist my time, effort and money by adding more water to it and dilute it further after going through the time and cost to get coolant in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts