Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of taking one of my pins...such as the one I have on my jacket from Daytona Bike Week...and snipping off the post on the back and then attaching it with double sided tape over the little square Honda logo on the speedometer chrome on the gas tank. Anyone done something similar? It's cheaper than buying a hinged gas cap (which also uses double sided tape). If you've done it yoursel, what pin did you use and do you have a picture? Anyone know of a website that sells motorcycle pins that might give me a good selection? Frankp

·
Registered
515 Posts
I used a holographic sticker of an eyeball on mine :lol: :lol:

Ride safe,

Mike

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the clock come with a gasket to keep rain out? Is this clock designed to install in this manner or was it something you designed yourself?

I have a pin from Daytona 2005 (Iron Cross with the Daytona 2005 under it) that fits perfectly over the Honda logo. It has two pins in the back...I'm thinking about drilling two small holes in the chrome and then slipping the pin on and then attaching it underneath with the fasteners. I figured a little clear silicon caulking in the holes with the pins will keep it from leaking. Frankp

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just bought what they call a clock insert and drilled the correct size hole in my dash and then inserted the clock. I used a hole saw and then cleaned up the hole with a rat's tail file and VIOLA!!! The clock snapped right into place. The clock insert has pinch tabs that hold it in place when you install it in the correct size hole. There are no gaskets and I have run in the rain since installing mine and have had no problems with the clock. It cost $11, I believe and was really pretty simple to install. Here is the website.
http://www.klockit.com/products/dept-27__sku-OOOOO.html

If I were you I would hold back from drilling your dash and just cut the pins off of the back of your pin and then use double sided tape to put it on. In case you don't like it or it doesn't work for you. Just my opinion though. Good Luck with whatever you choose!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts