Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is running these and do they perform well? I'm using a Windvest shield with stock signals.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have the Honda lowers and they were an improvement in blocking the wind buffeting. I like the way they attach under the triple trees. I went to a plexiglass supplier and bought some Lexan and replaced the stock wings with my fabricated larger ones and now the buffeting is even less. The Lexan was easy to cut with a band saw and I filed the edges and they look good. That's the nice thing about these lowers, you can make new ones if they break or get scratched up or in my case, you just want bigger wings.

Caution, these Honda lowers will not fit with many light bars that are on the market without fabricating hardware to lower and/or move the lowers more forward of their stock positioning.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
They will work fine with your stock turn signals. Here is a pic of them installed on my 1800C before I enlarged the lexan wings.

The lowers are forward of the forks and forward of the lower part of my windshield and they overlap the bottom of my windshield giving more wind relief.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
The bags are Champion Patriots, made by Champion Sidecars.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the write up and pictures Hardway.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Like Hardway I purchased the Honda lowers. A Honda :joke: so I put a few strips of 4" wide blue painters tape on both sides of a Honda Lexan windshield and cut my own using a jigsaw (about 2X the originals). I drilled the holes using a drill made for Plexiglas. All edges are wet sanded down to 800 grit and polished with compound. The lowers curve back to match the windshield. They have survived to 100 MPH with no vibration or problems :thumbup:
Sorry I don't have a better camera but I sold the good ones to purchase bike stuff nojoke

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I've got them also. I mainly bought them for the mounting hardware, as the plastic lowers are really too small to be very effective. I'll be making larger plastics also. Thanks for the pics guys!

Todd

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i have them still with the stock plastic shields and they work
fine ... at most speeds they reduce most of the buffeting ...
its only over 65 mph that they start letting more and more
through ...

install is a bit of a PITA so be prepared ... you need three hands
and patience but once together they are fine ...

oh yeah -- since all the fittings are chrome, check bolts before
starting ... nothing like holding five little pieces together and finding
out that there is a little flake of chrome stopping you from
threading a bolt in ...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
What keeps these from working with the lightbar and can they be modified to work with the lightbar? Will a headlight extension help?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Honda Lowers

I have these on my bike with the stock wings and they helped alot. I will try to making a bigger set of wings to see if I can make them work even better.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
What keeps these from working with the lightbar and can they be modified to work with the lightbar? Will a headlight extension help?
The Honda lowers mount under the lower triple trees and take up some of the same space as light bars. The wings of the lowers also interfere with the actual lights on some light bars.

With some light bars, you would have to fabricate a flat steel bracket extension with spacers for the lowers that would move the lowers down and out, more forward of the forks, to clear all parts of the light bar. A headlight extension would not help.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Will these lowers work on the "N"?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts