Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to pull the rear wheel and moly the drive splines today, then I realized I am out of moly-60. Should I wait until I get some genuine Honda moly-60 or will something from Autozone work as well ? I've seen they have some stuff like moly-77 anti-sieze compound but not sure if that's for some other purpose. Then Walmart has this stuff that's 65 percent moly but it's black - not sure if that is a compatibility issue or not

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Some have found the greases tend to sling off. I think with some of the new synthetic bases they tend to be thicker and stickier. If you find the lube on your rim after a ride, then you will know for sure, but my guess is you'll be okay with either.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The old Honda Moly 60 used to come in a blister pack that contained a cartridge for one of the mini-hand grease pumps. The newer Honda Moly 77 is in a slightly smaller, white squeeze tube with a red lettering. Saw some at Iron Pony last month. Comparable pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Thanks everybody. I didn't lube the splines yet. The Locktite stuff says it's paste but is black like grease. Ill just wait until I get some of the Honda stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts