Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me Honda's policy on cosmetics? Here's the story:

On Feb. 5 2005 I bought a 2004 S Model. On Feb 7th I rode it home and garaged it until March 25th. Since the temps here were starting to get warmer I went out to the garage to pay the new X a visit to do some tinkering. I found some whiteish powder on the rear spokes that looked like corosion. I wiped a few spokes off to find the chrome or whatever the finish is to be gone. I called the dealer that day and told them about it. Friday April 1st I took it back to the dealer to show them. They said that they would have to contact the Honda Rep. and get back to me. It's been almost a week and they have not got back to me. The bike had only 19 miles on it at the time I called them should this be covered under my warranty?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
funny, I though we had all learned from John Kerry to use our thumbs for pointing so as not offend anyone.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I would think it would be covered. I had an issue about a year ago the local
dealer would not cover and called the national customer service number. The
person I spoke to was polite, listened to everything I said, called the dealer
while I was on hold, and got my issue covered.

I would at least go through that process if the local dealer won't cover you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
They definitely don't advertise it,but the cosmetic warranty is only 30 or 45 days(can't remember which).Honda did replace my gas tank at about 9-10 months after a paint blem showed up.Dealer did have to have the rep look at it as it was way out of warranty & was so slight that it wouldn't show in a picture.It did take quite a bit of screwing around,but once the rep okay'd it,I had a new tank in less than a week.Stay right after them,but try not to pi$$ the rep off.They can warranty about anything if they want to.Good luck!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts