Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Looks like a good starter bike for new riders. No way I'll ever buy an automatic motorcycle, but I guess it's the 'future' of motorcycling, that is dumbing down the bikes so people intimidated by learning to clutch will buy them.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good starter bike for new riders.
One detail that caught my attention that I don't like is how the left driver's foot peg is mounted. I looks like engineers forget to design the frame correctly for mounting the left foot peg. So they just added a extension to the frame for the left foot peg at the last minute. It looks strange and ugly. I think its a deal breaker for me. I don't think I'll get this bike because of this. I've never seen any motorcycle with driver foot peg mounting like this.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like a good starter bike for new riders. No way I'll ever buy an automatic motorcycle,..........
Yeah, wait until you get old enough that your hand goes numb from clutching or your knee hurts from shifting and you get a choice of a DCT or no longer riding.

Been on a CTX 700 DCT for years now and shifting is overrated.

Steve

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
One detail that caught my attention that I don't like is how the left driver's foot peg is mounted. I looks like engineers forget to design the frame correctly for mounting the left foot peg. So they just added a extension to the frame for the left foot peg at the last minute. It looks strange and ugly. I think its a deal breaker for me. I don't think I'll get this bike because of this. I've never seen any motorcycle with driver foot peg mounting like this.

The left foot peg looks odd because there is no shift lever/peg because it's automatic. I don't see it's placement as odd myself, or the way it's mounted, but to each his/her own. For my taste, I'd go for a whole list of other bikes I like the looks of better than this weird mix of new tech and old style cruiser.

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
I was somewhat disappointed in the sound. Maybe a slip-on will rectify that. An automatic bike isn't for me either, and nor is an electric bike ... also without the benefit of shifting gears.

It is a brave new world, and times are changing, but I think we'll have manual shift bikes as long as we have an internal combustion powered motorcycle for guys just like us.

·
Super Moderator
64,041 Posts
Take a closer look in the video at the left driver foot peg, it mounts to an extension at the rear and runs forward with a gap at the front not connected to the frame. The missing gear shift doesn't bother me.
It appears to not have a full cradle frame, leaving finding somewhere to bolt such things a bit of a challenge.
Yeah, it looks dumb, just like that old pillion seat that weird Harley had that floated above the rear tire

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
A couple of things I like about it, 487 Lb and the DCT, both pluses for me. They don't give the MPG but my guess is it's up there, probably 50 or close to it. I would still need something with a passenger seat though. Wife doesn't ride with me any more but the grand kids are always wanting a ride.

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
:confused: That's not vey good for a light weight 1100 IMO, I typically get 40 mpg and have gotten 44 mpg more than a couple of times on my 1800... I do have days I wish it had DCT.
Yeah, I get 41 on my couch. But then mine has no sport mode and I doubt they were conservative in their riding style, so that may factor in as well. If that's the case it might do 50mpg if on a leisurely old man Sunday ride.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Yeah, I get 41 on my couch. But then mine has no sport mode and I doubt they were conservative in their riding style, so that may factor in as well. If that's the case it might do 50mpg if on a leisurely old man Sunday ride.
I didn't go deep enough to see it had a sport mode, but then again I should have known. In that case 40 probably isn't so bad..

·
Mad Hatter
21,342 Posts
I think its really kinda kewl. Great for around town riding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts