Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wat to the ozarks from dallas my waterpump started leaking. Limped back home. Dealership had to order new pump. My question, Isnt 15,500 a little to soon to replace a waterpump on a 2002 VTX 1800? Also 4 different dealerships did not have one in stock. what are my is my recourse with honda? Thanks in advance for any info provided.
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
64,141 Posts
You aren't the first water pump to fail. Have you ever added coolant or replaced the coolant with a type other than the Honda coolant? 8)

·
Super Moderator
64,141 Posts
No, just some have added other coolants that contain silicates and that would be responsible for a pump failure. There have been a few guys that have had a pump go bad, some with less than 5,000 miles and it has not just been the 2002 models. Some have been replaced under warranty, some not. You can always ask the dealer to check with Honda to ask that this is a bad part and should be replaced by Honda as a defective part. 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
H2O pump went out on my 02 C at about 13k miles. Dealer replaced under warranty (extended). This should be no problem from what I've heard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My just started leaking from the weep hole today at 24000 miles. The dealer is replacing under extended warranty at no cost to me except I chose to pay the blue label costs ($15) to get it in before I leave on a 2k trip later in the week. Glad it happened at home and not on the road. Dealer did not have one in stock and told me he had to replace 3 a year to make it profitable to keep them in stock and he only replaced 2 last year. It was hard to bitch to much since it was no cost and they were willing to work me right in, just missed a fun poker run today with the guys and gals I ride with.
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts