Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have pictures of the back side of a Hondaline Chin Spoiler? I can't find one anywhere and am toying with making one out of some old carbon fiber cloth I have laying around. Could be a good winter project if I can find the time. Just curious about how they actually mount to the bike and how the hardware is attached. If it came with installation instructions, those might help if you can scan 'em.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

:blkc:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I didn't think Hondaline had or has a chin spoiler. I've only seen one by Corbin, and possum pusher made by a board member.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
cybrhick said:
Yup, Hondaline made one for a while. But it has been discontinued for years now.
So exactly who was that other mysterious board member that made them?
It's right on the tip of my tongue...

P

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
pme5280 said:
cybrhick said:
Yup, Hondaline made one for a while. But it has been discontinued for years now.

P
I've got no idea. :shock:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pme5280 said:
cybrhick said:

P
I've searched for other sources, but haven't been able to find any. One just sold on Ebay for $240 plus $12 shipping.

Here's a copy of what I'm looking at trying to make. I just figure it would go quicker if attachment points were visible to me somewhere.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cmgoldstein said:
Mystrious Bord Membr, when you gonna put some more of 'em possum pushers out? I really want one!
I want one too, and if I could buy one for a reasonable price, I'd rather do that. Time for me right now for this type of project is hard to come by. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
+1 on wanting the possum pusher. Wasn't there a teaser post a couple weeks ago implying that they may return? :?:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'd bet that a certain SOB named Ivan had a little to do with the delay. :wink:

·
Registered
555 Posts
bikeVTX said:
pme5280 said:
cybrhick said:

P
I've searched for other sources, but haven't been able to find any. One just sold on Ebay for $240 plus $12 shipping.

Here's a copy of what I'm looking at trying to make. I just figure it would go quicker if attachment points were visible to me somewhere.
There's a bracket that mounts to the visible holes in the side. That bracket slides between the forward controls and the frame and gets held in place with the forward control bolts.

I don't have any pictures, and I'm nowhere near my bike, but I hope this is helpful at least.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I got one off the classifieds that I thought was for an 1800 but turns out that it fit the wife’s 1300 instead. The look of a chin spoiler on an R or an S isn't my thing so I sold it to another member on the WA board with a C. This is the only photo I have of it. Hope it helps.

And this is the photo that was in the ad.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seriously, what is the purpose for the "possum pusher"? Regards, Kennyratt

·
Registered
873 Posts
cybrhick said:
kennyratt said:
Seriously, what is the purpose for the "possum pusher"? Regards, Kennyratt
An original Possum Pusher adds 15HP. At least that's what I heard.
Actually, I think I was closer to 17hp but I think that was due to my glass like, slick finish. :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey all! Thanks for the discussion and help.

Redhook, the pics did it for me and I understand the connection points to the bike now.

In addition to the 44hp gains you get from these, I just like the look.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
bikeVTX said:
Hey all! Thanks for the discussion and help.

Redhook, the pics did it for me and I understand the connection points to the bike now.

In addition to the 44hp gains you get from these, I just like the look.

Thanks all.
Don't misunderstand. The Hondaline spoiler offers no gains at all. Just the Possum Pusher does.

·
Registered
357 Posts
what exactly is a possum pusher? I have a possum poker(100gr. Muzzy) but I have never heard of a possum pusher? Any links/additional info? thanks

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
wiggans50cal said:
what exactly is a possum pusher? I have a possum poker(100gr. Muzzy) but I have never heard of a possum pusher? Any links/additional info? thanks
Look just under the radiator in Wildman's sig pic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts