Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some second-hand saddlebags off eBay but they came with the hard mounts for an 1800C. So, before they arrived, I found some nifty hinged mounts for an 1800R or 1800S. Cool.

Meanwhile, the bags and C mounts arrive, and I found they bolt right up. So, now I have this as-new (they've been mounted once, I think) Saddlebag mount set, remove one 10mm bolt and they swing away from the bike, saddlebag and all, for cleaning, maintenance on your rear brakes or tires, or if you want to try to achieve flight using your saddlebags as wings.
Includes helmet lock (LH side, forward of bags) and two keys for same. Helmet lock is removable if it interferes with your passenger pegs/boards.

$100 + shipping from S. Maine. Local Pick-up available as well in Seacoast NH, Kittery/York Maine area.
Might consider trades - light bar for VTX 1800S w/MS windshield, grips, other accessories?

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle
Auto part
Auto part
Auto part Rim

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, they do. They mount in the same holes my others do - on the fender rails. The holes are on the plate where the hinge is.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They mount to the two bolts, just aft of the upper shock mount. The bolts are approximately 4" apart. These mount in the same manner that the regular Hondaline saddlebag mounts do. If you've seen HondaLine saddlebag mounts on a VTX, they all mount the same way.

However, if this is still unclear, I'll take a moment tomorrow, bolt one of them to my 1800S, and take a picture. That's worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I managed to get a bit of time this afternoon to get some better pictures and also mount one on my '02 VTX1800S.
First two are of the "C" brackets that are currently on my bike. Next of the empty holes, then the "hinged" bracket that is supposedly for the "R", but the bolt holes are the same place as those for the C.
Bracket is shown hinged up and away, then back halfway. The 10mm bolt and rubber spacers fasten the bracket in the riding position.
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Car
Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Exhaust system
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories
Vehicle Auto part Tire Spoke Automotive tire

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pictures:
Close up of the bracket, behind the bracket with it swung away from the bike (not sure how often you'd be doing this - the shock gets in the way: I think the purpose of the hinge is so that you don't have to remove the entire mount to get at your brakes and such)
One of my bags mounted on the bike - the bags sit about 1" higher with these mounts.
The bracket hinged away.

Auto part Vehicle Brake Fuel line Vehicle brake
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Exhaust system
Leather Metal Motorcycle accessories Auto part Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Chopper
Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Car Exhaust system

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And some other pictures:
Another close up of the bracket mounted to the bike, with the bracket swung out and away, and some hardware pictures on my bench.
Bolts, spacers, and keys for the helmet lock are included.

So, to re-cap: I have an 1800S, and purchased bags and brackets from a "C". Bought these "R" hinged brackets thinking they were specific to the models, but the C brackets worked just fine - mounting holes must all be in the same place.
Auto part Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Fender
Auto part
Tool
Auto part
Suspension Auto part Automotive exterior Suspension part Bumper

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ive seen alot of stuff on this board, but Ive never seen a set of those.. I don't know if they are one off, aftermarket or what? ...Pretty interesting though, Ive did plenty of maintenance on mine and that would have been handy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, thanks for that, RA3BOY - I was going to say that I'm *pretty sure* they're HondaLine due to the Honda helmet lock and keys, as well as the fact that they bolt up *exactly* to my bike and my saddlebags, and are of the same quality, material, and finish as my plain "C" saddlebag mounts.

So, I mounted them on an "S", and the diagram says they're for a C/F, so I guess they'll fit most (all?) of the VTX1800's...

I also have the license plate bracket shown on the diagram (#'s 25-30) although I cannot figure out why it would be part of the assembly. I'll include it if you like.

C'mon - somebody wants these?!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.