Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there replacements? Mine is stress fractured quite badly. It looks OK unless I am riding in the sun and then it is almost impossible to see through. Just hoping I can just replace the plastic and keep the brackets.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Thanks, I will look into them.
What they said. I have had mine for nearly 3 years now. They are / were great to deal with. All holes line right up with stock brackets. You can get them tinted, with vents, and customize the width and height. Just a tad thicker than the Hondaline.

Reactions: Jcd302

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
F.Y.I.
You should be looking over the windshield not thru it. The top of the windshield should be about even with your nose.

Glad the forum was able to help you. 😎

·
Old Goat
26,781 Posts
Also when u get the new one if u dont already know this…no paper towels…if u get a lot of bugs soak a towel and lay over the shield…and use the right cleaner of your choice…I use honda polish and microfiber towel…my 16 year old Memphis solar fats still looks good….I like solar tint hides dings and stuff…good luck

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F.Y.I.
You should be looking over the windshield not thru it. The top of the windshield should be about even with your nose.

Glad the forum was able to help you. 😎
Correct, but the wind screen is still clear for a reason. Very distracting when it is just a spiderweb in the headlights.

Also when u get the new one if u dont already know this…no paper towels…if u get a lot of bugs soak a towel and lay over the shield…and use the right cleaner of your choice…I use honda polish and microfiber towel…my 16 year old Memphis solar fats still looks good….I like solar tint hides dings and stuff…good luck
I use cleaners specifically for bike windshields and microfiber cloths. This windshield was used from Florida so I assume it is sunbaked and who knows what they cleaned it with before me. It is almost 20 years old.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Slipstreamer polish works really well too. It is not cheap, but even coated with bugs, spray it on let it sit for a minute, and everything wipes right off with a microfiber towel. Then follow with a dry microfiber, and like new!

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
I have used something called 'Bug Slide' with success. I second the micro-fibre cloths. Not knowing any better, that is part of what led to the Hondaline shield getting messed up w. paper towels or other rags.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello, I have the stock shield off my 2008 VTX1800T that I removed within 50 miles and replaced with a Batwing. Sold the bike due to back issues and still have the stock shield. I would call it "Like New" just dusty. Have all the bracketry but not the 10mm bolts. $100 plus shipping unless you are close to Southern NJ and we could meet up. Steve
Outerwear Dress shirt Textile Sleeve Grey

White Sleeve Wood Grey Beige

Sleeve Grey Collar Bag Beige

Sleeve Sewing Grey Collar Beige

1 - 13 of 13 Posts