Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode 203 miles yesterday throughout SW Michigan on my wonderful 1800R, but right next or behind me was a 1984 700 Sabre. My buddy doesn't have the $ to buy a new bike, but is always ready to go. That 21 year old bike runs pretty good. I hope these newer bikes are built like the old ones............

G

·
0 Posts
I have an 18 year old Honda NT650 Hawk GT sitting in my garage that still runs like new, and still looks really good. I wouldnt hesitate to ride it anywhere... just turn the key and take off. No worries.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I rode my 83 CB 1000 Custom for 21 yrs. Finally replaced it with the X last summer. I still have the CB. It's a great reliable machine. (And Fast!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Chromer said:
I rode my 83 CB 1000 Custom for 21 yrs. Finally replaced it with the X last summer. I still have the CB. It's a great reliable machine. (And Fast!)
I also had an 83 CB1000Custom before I bought my X. Although I eventually sold it...I still miss it. Great bike!..and I really liked the hi-lo transmission. :)

Ride Safe, Larry

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just sold my 86 V-65 magna. When it left my garage, it was running as well as it ever had. It still blows most crotch rockets off the road! My brother had to sell his katana because I was faster. He bought a Honda XX black hawk so he could say he was faster.

All I can say is I am a heck of a lot more comfortable on my X than he is on his crotch rocket.

V

·
0 Posts
Hmmm good old memories coming up…

The CB 750 K1 to K3 had a fantastic sound; you could point out this motor so easy. A ton of it ended up in choppers and they are still around.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Started a few years back on a 81' CB-750, had 7500 miles when I got her, and I put another 8,000 more on her before I got my next bike. She still runs great, only needs a new front tire and brakes, and a new sprocket and chain. Too busy thowin my money into the X though

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yep great bikes. Back home in Ohio I have a cousin of some number (2nd 3rd hell I dont know) but anyhow she cruises the campus of Ohio State on a 66 Honda Cub. Still runnng strong. Benn through a lot of gas tires and oil but nothing major. Its been in some part of the family carrying folks to classes since it was brandy new.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Glad to hear so many stories of the older Honda bikes you guys have had and how they have held up over the years. Its encouraging to know I have so many more years to love this X!! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Mr Pheer said:
I have an 18 year old Honda NT650 Hawk GT sitting in my garage that still runs like new, and still looks really good. I wouldnt hesitate to ride it anywhere... just turn the key and take off. No worries.
Oh, man! I was desperately trying to sell my fiancee on the Hawk GT. As much as I love that little twin, she hates it. Oh, well. I guess there's no accounting for taste, eh?

If you ever want to part with it, hit me with a PM, k?

:wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
453 Posts
St. Louis Dave said:
I rode 203 miles yesterday throughout SW Michigan on my wonderful 1800R, but right next or behind me was a 1984 700 Sabre. My buddy doesn't have the $ to buy a new bike, but is always ready to go. That 21 year old bike runs pretty good. I hope these newer bikes are built like the old ones............
i hope so too. even though honda has expanded into a more global company now i.e., assembly plants, parts manufacturing plants, etc., i hope the global employees/contractors and products stick with the same quality and work ethics as the original honda employees in japan.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anyone have any old Dreams?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '83 1100F is still going strong. Only about 40,000 miles. Still as quick as any. I have a 1980 CM400 automatic that is probably the most reliable motorcycle I've ever owned. Got it out to loan it to a friend's wife the other day and it started right up after sitting unused for months. The kids have a 50 minitrail that is older than I am and I don't think you could kill that thing. Hondas are indeed a reliable bike...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've owned this GL1000 for 29 years. Repairs are one water pump..in 1985.
Runs strong..is modified wouldn't and don't hesitate to ride it anywhere.

·
Registered
757 Posts
FLYBABY said:
I just sold my 86 V-65 magna. When it left my garage, it was running as well as it ever had. It still blows most crotch rockets off the road! My brother had to sell his katana because I was faster. He bought a Honda XX black hawk so he could say he was faster.

All I can say is I am a heck of a lot more comfortable on my X than he is on his crotch rocket.
I too had a 1986 V65 Magna and loved it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts