Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This motorcycle was bought used 06/23/2008 with odometer at 4,606 miles. Motorcycle was cared for by previous owner, who did his own maintenance and demonstrated proficiency in motorcycle maintenance (he owned two dirt bikes, a Harley and the VTX plus tools and a huge garage).

Note: I regularly check & adjust tire pressure too frequently to bother listing here, but it's being done.
Note: Stock handlebar measurements: 35" wide, 4" rise, 12" pullback (from base to rear tip) 12" wide base
Note: Oil filters I prefer: KN-204 (K&N brande) NAPA Gold 1365, Bosch 3233
Note: I Only use synthetic oils in all my bikes.

:arrow:At 1,640 miles changed motor oil, (synthetic) oil filter, plugs, and cleaned and re-oiled K&N filter. (according to the former owner).

:arrow:At 4,606 miles changed motor oil, (Honda synthetic) oil filter, cleaned plugs, checked air filter, checked crankcase breather tube, topped off coolant.

:arrow: At 6,213 did the starter switch maintenance: (http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/starter.html ).

:arrow: At 9,320 replaced 1300 shocks with VTX 1800 shocks and replaced bushings with improved poly bushings.

:arrow: At 10,442 miles adjusted valves, cleaned plugs checked air filter, changed motor oil (Mobil 1 synthetic) & oil filter, replaced fuel filter.

:arrow: At 10,688 miles did 'SCAR' mod; shorted main spring to 5, 1/2" put on one shim to needle and turned A/F screw out 2, 1/2-3/4 turns (BIG IMPROVEMENT!).
:arrow: At 11,442 miles pulled plugs and checked/cleaned them. A little black, but not too bad. Checked air filter (clean).
:arrow: At 14,551 miles changed motor oil and filter (Shell Rotella synthetic & K&N oil filter).
:arrow: At 14,623 miles had coolant flushed and changed by local shop.
:arrow: At 17,036 miles changed motor oil and filter (Shell Rotella T6 synthetic & K&N oil filter).
:arrow: At 17,248 miles installed new Yuasa battery.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Me

My alter ego

1 - 2 of 2 Posts