Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the plastic neck cover?
Of course it looks simple but before I get in there and start tearing things apart I thought I should ask first. Can I just pull the rightside off or is it all one piece?
Also I plan to put a rocker switch in the cover any other suggestions where to install a switch for lights I put up front?
My other chose is in the chrome cover on the tank up front by oppiste side of the reset button.
Thanks
Kirk

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is two halves you will need to tank out the tank bolt which is under the front of the seat, then you can slide the tank back and there is a small metal clip you can slide off of the top of the frame neck. This clip holds the two halves together. DON'T LOSE IT. Then once you remove that you will be able to slide each half of the neck cover off. It's really very simple to do and you don't have to take any tank hoses loose or anything just slide back after you take out that bolt. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm on the way out to get it done.
I see you are a Fire Fighter too, there seems to be a lot of FF's riding now
Stay safe & thanks again
Kirk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just tossing in my 1/50 of a buck. Just did that and the tank had to slide back to get at it.

GET SOMEONE TO HOLD THE TANK FOR YOU!!!!

I didn't and it slid down to one side denting itself on the handlebar controls along the way. Nice set of scratches surrounding a lovely dent.

Well, not long ago I was crying about the small scratch I put on her. Looks pretty insignificant now compared to this.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help.
I got it done last night, installed a switch in the neck side cover, looks good, I'll post pictures later this week.
Kirk

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
bouchershollis said:
Just tossing in my 1/50 of a buck. Just did that and the tank had to slide back to get at it.

GET SOMEONE TO HOLD THE TANK FOR YOU!!!!

I didn't and it slid down to one side denting itself on the handlebar controls along the way. Nice set of scratches surrounding a lovely dent.

Well, not long ago I was crying about the small scratch I put on her. Looks pretty insignificant now compared to this.
So the moral is "Haste rarely pays Dividends!" or
Experience is directly Proportionate to Equipment Ruined.
As Always Peaceful Cruisin’
BLACK POWER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.