Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
No, he just put C pipes on his R. You would need to get a C bracket and you might have to cut/grind some of the floorboard mount to give way for the heat shield a little
Hmmm, I may have to contact him for more info, I really really really love those pipes.

Thanks Spike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
wanted to try vance and hines short shots without baffles and figured they were stu

So figuting 4d40 might try to burn or something i sprayed a mixture of dish soap and water up in there. Next day stripped on baffle screw of course as everything on this scooter is tightened to 10000 foot pounds got the screw out and the baffles were stuck vance and hines short shots on 02 dyna lowrider. Buddy suggested slide hammer but without a zecond thought i got that old bar bell bar ive been trippin over for 9 years and sure enough the threads on that bar very closely match the threads in the baffle louvers!!! Thread it in wiggl waggle and out come the baffles with no hammering pounding heating or other!!!!! If you still need the slide hammer effect slip a 20 pound weight first and use that!!!!!! Glad i could get this tip out there. Its my first harley but not my first repair rodeo! Loooool

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sprayed them up with a penetrating then took a short 1/4 inch bolt and screwed it in to the baffle boss from the inside of the baffle until it was flush to the baffle, locked a pair of vise grips to the bolt and tapped it in and out until the baffle slipped out took about 20 mins. to get them both out. These baffles were on my bike for about 7000 miles. Just a note you need to have the baffles in to produce enough back pressure to cushion the valve.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts