• 1 or 2 good friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • large group

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
You got that right Dane. I've never ridden as part of a large group, plan to try some poker runs this year which will remedy that, have heard it's hard to get anywhere in large #'s, everyone always stopping, etc. Bottom line for me is a bad day on 2 wheels beats [email protected]@ outta a great day on 4! 8)

·
Registered
167 Posts
We have a group of 6 X riders in our department. We are all pretty close and like riding together when ever possible. I would have voted for a small group of close friends but that wasn't one of the options. 8)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Group riding with poker runs is a different story than riding with say a club or association that has made lots of group runs. In poker runs you are usually riding with strangers and have to be way more alert. In clubs/assc. they really ride together better. We've have had the chance to ride with a few clubs/assc and it really was much more fun and safer with most of them. You really learn quick the proper way to ride in a group if you get a chance to ride with them, definatly a poker run is one of the harder types of group runs.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
wildabouthorses said:
Group riding with poker runs is a different story than riding with say a club or association that has made lots of group runs. In poker runs you are usually riding with strangers and have to be way more alert. In clubs/assc. they really ride together better. We've have had the chance to ride with a few clubs/assc and it really was much more fun and safer with most of them. You really learn quick the proper way to ride in a group if you get a chance to ride with them, definatly a poker run is one of the harder types of group runs.
I have done three poker runs, Hated it becaseu you get behind someone that you don't know, you have to be way alert, not that you already are on a bike, but its to much work, takes some fun out of it, I also ride with Goldwings all the time, they know how to ride safely and hard, but I prefer just two or three friends, lots more fun that way... I voted 1 or 2 close friends.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Two up

My left hand patting and rubbing her leg

·
Registered
202 Posts
The great thing about riding in larger groups is you get to see so many different bikes. We have BMW's,Goldwings,Ventures,Crotch rockets and my 'Want-to-be' VTX. This group includes most of my closest friends. Ya gotta love motorcycles! Ride Safe, Ride Often

·
Registered
254 Posts
floydbell said:
The great thing about riding in larger groups is you get to see so many different bikes...
Concur. I like poker runs for that exact reason. I like seeing what others are doing with their scoots. It's motivation to me to improve my bike; i.e. more polishing, detailing, customizing, etc.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
When I'm trying to get there, I like alone so I can ride fast, pull over at a station for fuel while standing over my bike and hitting the road again fast!!!! I'll stop every 3rd fueling for a 15 minute break, but I don't like hanging out at EVERY gas stop for 30 minutes. When I get to where I'm going, then riding with a group is fine. I have this problem of not wanting to stop until get to my destination.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ape Hangers

I prefer top side...
Enjoy the ride.
Doing the Roller Coaster... hands over head... its the best.

Variety is nice
1, 2, sometimes a group.
Would not like to always be in a group

1 - 20 of 24 Posts