Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
they do NOT list my choice

extra RARE,,, blood dripping onto the plate.. about 110-120 degree (F)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok you guys, I'm BBQ back yard w/ 15yrs on the smoker/grill. One of the best ways to cook a steak. The cut and grade makes the difference. I prefer the Rib-eye cut with the grade in this order prime $$$ , choice $$ ,select $ . I usually go with CAB Choice. I have an electric smoker and set it @ 110 for 30 to 45 min with wood of choice. When the smoker is doing its job, my grill is heating up and I mean hot 600 to 700 degrees. When the steaks reach 120 degrees in the smoker ,I put on the grill and cook to no more than 140 to 145. I flipem only once . I put butter on and serve ,also allow for the meat continue cooking after removing from the grill. The wood flavor from the smoker and the grill sealing the steaks , you will come close to thinking the steaks came from Morton's or Ruth Chris Steak House
Ose

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Yer killin' me, Smalls!

Reactions: Harkon

·
Registered
768 Posts
Try a Bison fillet, way better than beef. For that matter Bison burgers....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dinner last night. Grass fed flank steak on the grill, it definitely didn't suck....

Reactions: RBS and henkvdb

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dinner tonight, BBQ chicken thighs (two with the sauce), balsamic glazed carrots & onions, mashed potatoes..
My Wife and I are a tag team, She does the inside, I do the grilling...

Yes, I had a second helping..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Water buffalos are my favourite. Unfortunately, there was an outbreak of foot and mouth disease in the Northern Territory and all buffalos were killed. Now if you can get it, it is pricey. Nothing like grade 9 Wagu which can go for up to $2500 a kilo. Cant enjoy it at that price

1 - 14 of 14 Posts