Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. when you guys buy something from someone on this board in the for sale section, How do you guys pay for it? Check, money order, paypal?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
A lot of the folks here take PayPal which is the easiest and most convenient way to pay. Some other take checks and money orders but kinda check'em out a little before sending it that way, for most of the folks it won't be a problem but there are some skunks that sneek in! 8)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Personally, paypal is my number one choice when paying or collecting, and then cert check, which is no safer than a personal check any more. They are faked more than anything now days.

Watch the guys saying they will send you a certified check for over the amount and want you to send them the diff back. Somehow the check seems to clear after a few days, but the bank always comes back on you a week later for the bad check.

Electronic payment is the safest, but you still stand the chance of the guy not shipping it to you. I have done hundreds of on line transactions, and only been burned one time, by a newbie kid that I didn't call, and when I asked for pictures of the item, he couldn't produce any, which should have been my first flag.

Buyer beware.

D

·
0 Posts
I just sold something and asked for a money order. When I got it I shipped the goods, no problem. I'd make sure it's someone who's been on the board a while, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts