Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First off, This message board is great. I bought a 03 1800c leftover because of the price and the fact that I have always had good experiences with Hondas. Then I found this resorce and I just have to say THANKS to all of you who are not only into your VTX's but into helping others with the knowledge you have gained.

My only regret is that I did not get on here sooner, because I broke my bike in slow, and after reading the post and link about breaking an engine in, I think I would have rode it much harder right out of the box.

I have added a few nice chrome touches and a Deluxe Sissy Bar and National Windshield and now I think it is time to get into some other mods.

I need some noise and I really like the Hard Krome Sideburners look but I am a bit concerned about going with them and finding that they are too loud for my taste. I have been reading a lot of reviews and I think I read that they do not have a removable baffle. Is that true?
If they are super loud I think I will go with the Big Shots because from what I have read they are moderate in sound and very adjustable. Can somebody just make a short list of a few of the most popular pipes out there? Loudest to softest.

After that...a Thunder Manufacturing (round) intake. Anyone have comments on that air cleaner?

Once again, Thanks for the info.
I already need to fix the headlight rattle. Knocked that loose on a big old Pennsylvania pothole. I can also see the desmog and pair removal in my future.
Fat Cat Joe

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've read that several on this board indicate that the sideburner by HK is only moderately loud. I've owned two sets and I agree. On the other hand if you really twist the wick, they can be quite loud. To me the Sideburners allows one to express himself in a way that only a few pipes do. They sorta sound like glass packs and a AA fuel dragster on race day. They do set off car alarms if you're playing around near one.

It would be highly recommended that you hear them before you spend the money.

my .02.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have them on my bike and I don't think they're all that loud. However, they will bark when you're on the throttle. But, if you want to keep them at a reasonable level, like while in town or late at night, isn't that hard.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I agree. If you tromp on it, the X will definitely make the Sideburners "bark"...louder than any others I have heard. But, its easy to keep it down when u need to..just lean back on the throttle if you have to. :twisted:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sideburners

If you twist it hard they will be really loud. But if you ride in a pretty high gear for your speed they arent that bad. I really like to hear them when going downhill in a lower gear and letting the engine brake the bike, that sound is music to my ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts