Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
anywhere from 150 to 170 before switching to reserve. 170 mi when solo riding and not heavy on the throttle. 150 when riding two up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The bike's still fairly new with only 2000 miles on it, but I've been getting between 120 and 160 before I hit reserve. That's combo highway and street riding.
I hope to evaluate it more as this riding season takes off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get better mileage with 89 octane. I'm between 150 and 160 mi when I hit reserve. Thats more highway than city

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm stock air, fuel, and exhaust. I ride 2-up most of time. Usually hit reserve at 160-165.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Depends on two factors - how full you get the tank, and how you ride.

I hit 150 miles +/- 12/8 when I have to flip over to reserve.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only have 900 kilometres on the bike at the moment 06 1300R, does the mileage go up after the bike is run in more ?? reason I ask I hit 145 km today and had to go to reserve, I assume it wasn't completely full when I started, at least I hope not. !!! I'm a big bloke and aerodynamic as a brick crap house and do a lot of highway running at 110 km/hr.

Mel

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Wow, are you going for the record allhonda.?????????????

·
Registered
504 Posts
How many miles

I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob[/QUOTE
Going 65-70 miles per hour, I will get approx. 160 miles.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Full tank and 185 miles later bone dry, my wife had to bring me some gas. stock 1300r with pipes, I drive it hard and I weigh 260

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I look for gas at 140 miles. At 149 I am switching to reserve.
About the same at an honest 70-75 and assuming I am at least on level ground and holding the X vertical when I fill it. If I have the nose on a down grade when filling it maybe a few more. A good head wind will knock it down to about 130. I always have to remind myself Jap odometers tend to be around 4% off showing more miles than actually traveled.

For over a year I have been running an aux tank which I can get 1.8 gallon in. Running 70-80, real speed not Honda speed, now I can count on over 200 real miles even when loaded. Even with a strong head wind using reserve will get me over 200 without pushing it. This is sure nice on long road trips but even more so out in nowhere land.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Wow this is an old thread started in 2007. But since I posted last on here back in 2007 I have since had my petcock replaced and now get better gas mileage. I ride back and forth to work in traffic and go around 170 miles before having to hit reserve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like everyone has already said, it depends on how you ride.

If I ride it nicely and a lot of highway miles I get about 165 -175 miles per tank. But I usually start looking for gas at 140-150 just so I don't have to worry about hitting the reserve.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2006 1300R and I always wait until 150 miles before getting gas. I have never hit the reserve doing this. On a recent 750 mile trip I was averaging 45 MPG. I run on Hi test.
So there you go. About a hundred answers to your question. I just had to chime in also.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
filling eR up to the rim or not so much can make or brake 20-.. .miles
but you should be able to get on safe side 130 miles before reserve and another ( on safe side ) 30 miles on reserve
on a good day with a bike running Like it should you could do 150 miles and 40 on reserve and infinite pushing the bike not as fast but .. .:lol: now if you have performance mods , big loud pipes , big jets / carb .. . all that goes to hell and you can only guess and or take notes every fill up

21 - 40 of 68 Posts