Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been getting about 80 miles when I hit the reserve. Been doing 7mi each trip to work with traffic on local roads. On highway, i get about 45mpg.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
[HR][/HR]
I've been getting about 80 miles when I hit the reserve. Been doing 7mi each trip to work with traffic on local roads. On highway, i get about 45mpg.
That's terrable mileage.
you need to tell us the history of the bike.
Model / year.
Is it stock.
There are many answers we can give you but without that info it won't help.

Doug

·
Registered
106 Posts
True. But I wasn't asking a question. Just giving everybody my numbers.. :p Mine is 04' 1300c with Cobra dragsters and stock airbox with some sort of mod to the carb that I don't know.

[HR][/HR] That's terrable mileage.
you need to tell us the history of the bike.
Model / year.
Is it stock.
There are many answers we can give you but without that info it won't help.

Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get a good idea of mileage rsnellman or do i need to add something

I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just wondering how many miles should I expect out of a full tank of gas from my new VTX1300. I guess I am asking an average. Probably mostly highway travel. Thanks.

OhioBob
I found out the hard way that I can get 190.7 miles, including the reserve tank. I have to switch to reserve at 160.7 miles.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
14 year old post....Whew ...u can smell the mold on this old post....lol...good luck

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
I found out the hard way that I can get 190.7 miles, including the reserve tank. I have to switch to reserve at 160.7 miles.
140 - 160 is normal range for Main tank volume..
When my VTX was fairly new, on Interstate flameout on Main tank at 125 miles.
When I switch to Reserve, I say 40 miles, 10 miles per quart.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts