Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from buying my plates for my 2005 1300C here in Casper WY, and it cost me $160.62 I could not believe they were that much. I'm not really conplaining, just that it took me by suprise when the ;lady told me how much they were.

So, how much are you paying in your state/county?

George

·
Registered
831 Posts
Was that tax/title/plates?
Was that to renew your plates?

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is probably license and registration.

I don't remember my total in IL but I can look it up when I get home.

But I just paid $38 for my renewel sticker.

Not sure if all states are the same but all IL motorcycle plates expire in March every year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got my NY registration yesterday and it says $14.00 annual charge but for some reason I had to pay $50.50. Probably because I had to get title also.

It surprised my living in "The People's Republic of New York" that it cost that little.

Bill

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
$26.00 for 2 years.
I get a seperate property tax bill though :cry:

·
Registered
313 Posts
2004 Retro

Mississippi $270.44 Tax & Tag($8.75) (+fee if mailed)

Last Year, when new, the tax and tag was $348.92
That's on top of 7% sales tax which, with
bike and dealer-installed accessories,
was slightly over $650
_______
$998.92

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mailed $11 off last week.

Same as Poison, got ate up on property taxes seperately. I HATE PAYING TAXES ON THINGS I OWN!!! :evil: Makes NO sense.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I checked on mine before I bought the bike and the lady at the tag office said it comes to $375.00. I guess that includes new tag, taxes, sticker, handling fee, screwing fee, priveledge of riding on Oklahoma roads fee, paperwork fee, fee fee, fee fi fo fum fee, etc. What a rip off!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
tag

i think mine was ruffly 260.00 in jackson misissippi last year and its time to do it again this year. :evil: :twisted: :cus:

·
Registered
217 Posts
just renewal up here in Quebec are 320$

Freaks me out every time I pay them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
$240.00 in Colorado (state tax/ownership tax/license fees)...when I renew this year mine will be around $200.00 this year and go down each year.

·
Registered
174 Posts
$438.
that was last year with sales tax added in because I bought the bike from an individual. Pearl, Mississippi

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
$33.25 renewal here in WA on my 04 1300S. Was going to look up my original licensing/registration/sales tax, but remembered I don't wanna remember. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tags

When I bought my bike (used) in November, the tag/tax/title cost me about $300, the tag was due in December so I anty-uped for that too, which was anothe $90 or so.

·
Registered
516 Posts
License registration and tax here cost me $170/year US dollars.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
LMAO.. you all are lucky!!! I just bought my new X and the total came to 638 for taxes title and tags... OMG!!! (Welcome to Arkansas and their $hity taxes) Talk about pissing someone off.. thats alot of chrome I cant buy now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Bode

·
Registered
93 Posts
My renewal was $14.50 for the year. Vehicle tabs are the only cheap "tax" in Minnesota.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts