Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much of the dyna bead product should I use in a 200/60/16 for the rear tire to be balanced properly ?? Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
My buddy used 3 oz. in his 200, and I used 2 oz. in my 180, and I would guess 2 oz. would be enough, up to the rider. Use 2 oz. first, and ride, if you feel vibration, add another 1-2 oz. This is what the m/c retailer told me that sells and uses them. Cricket

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
how much of the dyna bead product should I use in a 200/60/16 for the rear tire to be balanced properly ?? Thanks
All of that info is on the dynabeads website.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I put 2 0z in my 205 65 16 michelin hydro and there is no vib up to 120 MPH [ haven't had it any faster yet] but as mentioned before the web site has a chart for their usage

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
What is the Filtered Valve cores? Are they necessary?
A waste of money and not neccessary............... The valve core is supposed to keep crud out when airing, and keep the beads in when deflating. If you try to keep the stem at 6 oclock position while airing and deflating, zero issues.

Show

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What is the Filtered Valve cores? Are they necessary?
It states right on the website, near the bottom of the m/c page that the filtered cores are NOT needed for m/c applications. Like showtime said, just use teh 6 o'clock position for airing.................

·
Registered
303 Posts
A waste of money and not neccessary............... The valve core is supposed to keep crud out when airing, and keep the beads in when deflating. If you try to keep the stem at 6 oclock position while airing and deflating, zero issues.

Show
If I remember how gravity works, it wont matter where the valve stem is when you air up because the beads will be at the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts