Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER A VTX 1300 COULD PRODUCE AND WHAT GOOD AFTERMARKET ADD ONS YOU COULD GET TO HELP. I HAD MINE DYNOED AND WAS DISSAPOINTED ONLY 64 H.P IM GOING WITH MONSTERS TO TRY AND HELP B/C CURRENTLY I DON'T RUN BAFFLES. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Not banging on you Brent, just venting
I love these How much HP
How fast can I go
Dissapointed with HP threads
Sure I Installed Big Shots, wanted the look and THAT sound :D
I installed an UltraFlow, again for the look
Do I like the increased performance ?...hell yes
But if you want a "power cruiser"
sell your 1300 and buy an 1800
cause the 1300 is what it is, a great cruiser.
Spencer :twisted:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont like the 1800.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Just over 64 HP is the best I have seen so far with what is availible, pipes air kit and proper jetting, but like spencer said these are not crouch rocketts they are cruisiors.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Several things

Brent:

Several things can be done. Pipes, jets, airboxes, nitros, on and on. After spending hundreds, if not thousands of bucks, you might gain 5-7 horsepower and many decibels of noise. If you want loads of power, the VTX 1300 is not the bike for you. If power is your top priority, there's the Gold Wing, ST 1300, VTX 1800, Harley VRod, Yamaha V-Max,and a miriad of sport bikes of different ccs and horsepower ratings, the list goes on and on. Like Spencer said and others have said before, the VTX is a beautiful bike and a great cruiser, but not worth crap as a drag racing bike. It's a matter of personal preferences and priorities, a take it or leave it situation.

I'll take it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Brent,

Remove left side cover, unharness & remove mice, replace with rats....will add 4 hp....

Good Luck.... and everyone knows Black is 1 hp faster than all of the other colors!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTF? DID'NT MEAN TO HURT ANYBODIES FEELINGS I LIKE MY 1300. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I COULD GET A LITTLE MORE OUT OF IT. I WILLL PROBABLY BUY ANOTHER BIKE FOR POWER, BUT OFCOURSE I'M KEEPING MY 1300.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
No foul here
and I meant nothing personal
I see no problem with getting the most out of what you ride
I've ridden 50cc two stroke sport bikes that were a blast
and GP bikes that had so much power nobody could use it all
and weren't even fun, they were so much work to ride.
I love my 1300
I have had now 22 motorcycles in my 39 years
a brief and humbling road race career
four years running the southern Star drag race circuit
ridden bikes that were waaaaay over my head
I chose the 1300 because it is what it is
and it has been the most satisfying motorcycle I have owned
Especially now that I have gone solo (need to post new pic of bike)
It is not a sportbike, it is not a HD, it is not a dragbike, and it's not an 1800. IMHO it's much more (sorry Spike :twisted: )
Spencer

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
About 300 HP at the wheel......but that would be a 1300 Busa with a turbocharger.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
silvervtx04s said:
About 300 HP at the wheel......but that would be a 1300 Busa with a turbocharger.. :lol:

310 @ 12# of boost is what I have.
Look anything can be done the bottom line is power cost $$$$$
soooooooo How fast do you want to spend????

·
Registered
799 Posts
More HP

A better breather and a set of pipes with a rejet is about as good as you're going to get and still be cost effective. Trying to do much more and you are hitting the point of diminishing returns. Of course, if money is no object, you can do anything. Nitous, supercharger, turbo, whatever.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JOHNNYCHEESE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT THIS STUFF. WHERE CAN I GET A TURBO OR A SUPERCHARGER? : :)

G

·
0 Posts
Spencer said:
Not banging on you Brent, just venting
I love these How much HP
How fast can I go
Dissapointed with HP threads
Sure I Installed Big Shots, wanted the look and THAT sound :D
I installed an UltraFlow, again for the look
Do I like the increased performance ?...hell yes
But if you want a "power cruiser"
sell your 1300 and buy an 1800
cause the 1300 is what it is, a great cruiser.
Spencer :twisted:
Well said Spencer. That's how I feel, although I am interested in how much I gained with the UltraFlow and Speedsters.

I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of the new look.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
VTX4BRENT said:
JOHNNYCHEESE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT THIS STUFF. WHERE CAN I GET A TURBO OR A SUPERCHARGER? : :)
there is no kits, so how much boost you want?
this will give you a ball park on cost
if you go low boost about 8,000-10,000K (4-6# of boost)
anything higher is going to be BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Johnnycheese, when you said I would be spending a good bit I did'know it would be that much I think. I would just buy another bike to play on with a little more H.P. maybe a gsxr 1000. That would probably be more practical for me other than doing that much to my x. i could play on the 1000 and ride my 1300.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
VTX4BRENT said:
Johnnycheese, when you said I would be spending a good bit I did'know it would be that much I think. I would just buy another bike to play on with a little more H.P. maybe a gsxr 1000. That would probably be more practical for me other than doing that much to my x. i could play on the 1000 and ride my 1300.
no problem you are like all the rest of VTX1300 owners that want more and someone tells them the $$$ and then it is well I would just buy another bike.
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I beleive that was the first answer to you question :roll:
PS the new Gsxr1000 has over 150 hp and yes there is a bolt on turbo kit for them :idea:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks JohnnyCheese 8)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
silvervtx04s said:

310 @ 12# of boost is what I have.
Look anything can be done the bottom line is power cost $$$$$
soooooooo How fast do you want to spend????
well said my 1300 X is goin out this winter for 2500 dollars worth of Horsepower

1 - 20 of 35 Posts