Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling down the highway today in northeast PA and I went by an apartment complex and there was a motorcycle sitting in the parking lot with about 10 inches of snow on it. Has anybody ever seen this?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
No I can not say i have but 10 inches of snow in the Memphis area is a bit much

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
We don't get much snow 'round these parts. But, there is a someone who lives not too far from me who has two Yamaha touring bikes parked out in his front yard ALL THE TIME! For the longest I just thought they were junked cause it seemed they never moved. But alas, one day I passed and one of them was gone, and back again the next day. No matter what reason I own my bike, I don't think I could leave it out in the weather, chromed out or bone stock

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The guy down the street leaves his 2 Hondas out year round so in the winter they're buried in snow.He does ride them in the summer and they look like crap from the weather :shock:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I was traveling down the highway today in northeast PA and I went by an apartment complex and there was a motorcycle sitting in the parking lot with about 10 inches of snow on it. Has anybody ever seen this?
Are you asking how often one sees a bike with 10" of snow on it or how often one sees a bike in/around snow?

Mine can often be see in snowy conditions around Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also have a neighbor a couple houses down that went out and bought a new kawasaki and just lets it sit out in the driveway. A couple of times when he first got it he put a bike cover on it then that soon stopped and now it just sits there in all sorts of weather. I have no idea why someone would go out buy a 12K dollar bike and a cover for it and then let it sit out in the elements.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
yeah, theres 3-4 rides sittin out, uncovered... buried in snow. Couple crotch rockets, a Heritage Classic(sits covered in snow 2 feet from his garage door while hes got a POS boat in the garage!?), and a couple of Shadows, maybe VStars.... at least 2 of them are parked on the street too.... idiots.:evil:

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have somone close that custom built a nice chopper.... All new parts from ground up 2 years ago...All the chrome on it is is now rusted to no end because of the weather. Ohhhh and he has a garage. Go figure why you would hand build one and let it go like that?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Seen a couple around here with snow on them. Best of all they don"t have a motorcycle cover:roll:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Cover mine occasionally (no garage) but I ride mine everyday so it's not like it is just sitting in the weather (but then again it is just sitting in the weather... Hmmm...), times I don't cover it is because I simply forgot to go back out after the bike has cooled down. If it was going to be sitting for any length of time it gets covered.

G

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'd get one of these if I didin't have a garage.

http://www.thebikebarn.net/[/quote]

Nice idea , but a little pricey. 400.00
Just like the seats' prices on the other thread. a little more than they are really worth. JMHO

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I see it all the time. Motorcycles are literally just transportation to some people, you know.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah , my neighbor has V-Rod that sits in his driveway year round .:dontknow: He has a garage but I dont know whats in it though .

·
Registered
197 Posts
My bike is spoiled. It gets to stay in the family room because I have 2 cars in my garage.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Are you asking how often one sees a bike with 10" of snow on it or how often one sees a bike in/around snow?

Mine can often be see in snowy conditions around Pittsburgh.
So how does one ride a bike in the snow??? do they have chains for motorcycle tires :confused: hell I'm scared to take a corner too fast when it's just wet out.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
There was a wing rider at work, who had ski boards and rode in all weather. I never met him, but the bike was cool.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts