Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a side mount installed...i'd like to know how some of you got the old mounting bracket that hangs under the back of the fender off of there....appreciate it

·
Registered
13 Posts
i used a small air grinder with cutting disk. i put alot of masking tape just in case it jumped, I didn't want it to scratch the paint. then i touched up paint on the fresh cut. really easy to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you used the dremel did you do it from inside the fender or outside....i tried from inside the fender but i really couldnt move around a whole lot...theres only 4 little spots if you could get to them inside...but if you do it from the outside you would have to cut all the way around

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
jack it up and let the tire hang down or remove it.....makes it tons easier

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had it jacked up....i dont know if would wanna pull the wheel off though dont know a whole lot and i dont have a torque wrench...thanks though

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
damion1300 said:
i had it jacked up....i dont know if would wanna pull the wheel off though dont know a whole lot and i dont have a torque wrench...thanks though
in that case...patience my friend ....just take your time bro

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
get the flexible extention for your dremel..then the tool stays on the floor and you have a much easier flex hose to work with. also get the small fiberglass cut off disks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i finally got it off....ended up taking it off in sections.....all i got to say is dremmel cutting discs "heavy duty" my a$$...went through almost a whole pack of 20....never saw the fiberglass ones....but its done...thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
134 Posts
One of the guys here has a chrome plate of some kind mounted where the plate use to go. I have been meaning to ask where he got it I like the way it looks and it hides the gap between the fender and the tire very well. I saw it in a picture he posted. Looks good and less of a head ache. IHMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts