Honda VTX Forum banner

how to improve mileage vtx 1800

52K views 69 replies 51 participants last post by  Chicago-Spike 
Haven't we done this thread before?
I get 33 no matter what... so what? I like to play!!

Now I'm going to start an oil thread?

I like Amsoil, I like Mobile 1, just put in any old cheap walmart crap(oil is oil), The blue jug, the white jug, the grey bottles that are shaped like triangles are better than the white round bottles with the long neck, I use 10% olive oil and a little oregano (makes it smell aromatic as well as getting rid of the second gear clunck). Royal Purple (I do like the purple package), Oil changes... who does oil changes themselves?, I take mine to jiffy lube, Quaker State has Parafin(great for making candles and canning jelly but not so good for my baby's internal parts), Lucas has an additive, Murphy's Miracl oil all day long,
oem pure one/napa/wix/K&N/Mann/Fram/WalMart change em every oil change, change em every other oil change, 3,000, 5,000, 7,000 12,000, sent my oil to the lab(I can extend the change interval, but I won't cuz it's my baby), Drain it hot, drain it on the stand, drain it hanging from a hook from the ceiling, what's a crush washer? there's a drain bolt in the back of the pan? my bike only took 1 quart of new oil, is the stick acurate?

Sorry to hi jack but, I just wanted to talk about oil. nojoke:joke:nojoke

:dontknow:
how much of this is 4 real? can jiffy lube really change yer oil?
Its all real TallBiker! my unicorn holds it up over the grease pit at Jiffy Lube. Nah just jerkin' your chain. I didn't have enough to do this morning and I am tired of the discussion around the mileage of the 1800. I disagree about the PC111 lowering gas mileage.

Here's why. I rode my bike stock for 2 years and averaged 30 mpg. then 2 years ago I added a pc111, roadhouse shorties and a kury hC, Had the bike dyno Tuned by a good tuner. he dialed that sucker in and it runs like a Raped Ape I noticed instead of the light coming on at around 95 mile it was coming on at 112 or so. I average now w the pc111 33mpg. Sometimes on a trip doing 70 to 80 by Garmin navigator( I don't look at my speedo) i'll get 38 or 39. like I said varied driving I get 33.

Whadaya want its a torque monster:doorag:

By the way my wife liked the scooter so its between a Kymco 250 ($$$cost $3000) or the 400 Burgman (almost twice as much $5990) of course she likes the burgman better. That'll save some gas right:dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.