Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this and couldn't find anyone in the same situation. I have a Bestem backrest and luggage rack and I haven't been using it. I have been running with just saddlebags, bag brackets and a fender rack.
I finally got enough money to buy my wife an Ultimate passenger seat and now I want to put the Bestem back on but I also want to keep the saddlebag brackets on but can't figure out a way to mount them both.
The saddlebag brackets need to go in the 2 rear holes but the Bestem would need to cover them and go in the 2 front holes so I haven't been able to fit the Bestem over the brackets. I can't put the brackets on the outside of the Bestem because it covers the rear hole and that's where the brackets need to go. Putting the brackets in the front 2 holes won't work because they'll hit my shocks.

Wow saying rear and front hole that many times really makes it difficult to avoid making inappropriate jokes. :joke:

So, has anybody had this issue and solved it? If so how?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I would say to get a drill bit and drill some holes where you need them to be.
:agree: When I bought my Saddleman bags this spring, the brackets need to go in the front and back holes, and the Hondaline backrest covers up the back hole. Mark where you need your holes, take backrest off and drill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts