Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Road King bags on ebay and am wondering if anyone knows the best universal mounting brackets to use in order to get them on my 03 1800S?

·
Registered
377 Posts
i think that most people are using ghost brackets or easy brackets, either one will run you around $130.00. not bad to install, and they come off with the turn of a key......don
here are some pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
There are no universal brackets that fit Road King bags without mods, most wont work at all. Some people use ghost brackets, I made my own from aluminum plate.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used Easy brackets and a pice of 3/16" alunminum plate. If you search my picks you can see how I did it.

Mark

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I used Easy brackets and a pice of 3/16" alunminum plate. If you search my picks you can see how I did it.

Mark
You did a good job and took good pics! I did pretty much the same thing, even have the same basic shape plate only I used 1/4" and bolted directly to the frame. I just never saw myself ever taking off the bags and carrying them around. Liners are a lot less cumbersome. ;)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not a business

I made them for myself, but shared the info as a guide if others wanted a starting point or ideas.
My main goals were to mount them low and tight to sides, not need to relocate turn signals and try matching contour of fender.
I really did not like the way stock bags looked as if they were being carried up on sholders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts