Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing MS lowers and they just don't quite fit up to the windshield as well as I would like. I looked at the bracket and it appears that it needs to have an extension of sorts. Anyone got pictures of how to move turn signals forward an inch or two on the 1300 S ? Thanks!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
On the R and S models the turn signal bracket mounts with the same bolts that hold on the headlight. You could get a headlight extension from Glen @ Glen's garage http://glensvtxgarage.com/headlightextension.html and move the turn signals out with it. I don't know if it would look very good though, but if it didn't you will still have the headlight extended out, which looks very nice.

D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had the same issue when I put my lowers on. I didn't move the headlight out just the turn signals........................................................................
get a 6mm bolt about an inch and half long with a one inch spacer and remove the black screws from behind the signal bar and replace with the above bolts (use loctite) and you will be fine.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
+1 on glens ext. I have a 2" you might want to think about a 3" for more wiggle room, below is a pic of mine with the 2".good luck.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Triple M said:
I had the same issue when I put my lowers on. I didn't move the headlight out just the turn signals........................................................................
get a 6mm bolt about an inch and half long with a one inch spacer and remove the black screws from behind the signal bar and replace with the above bolts (use loctite) and you will be fine.
+1, I got a longer bolt and 1" nylon spacer from Home Depot.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
RedVTXRider said:
Triple M said:
+1, I got a longer bolt and 1" nylon spacer from Home Depot.
Thats what I like about this place alway more than one way to skin that cat :lol: I had to use the ext. for my lights.

·
Registered
886 Posts
TennX said:
Thats what I like about this place alway more than one way to skin that cat :lol: I had to use the ext. for my lights.
Well, really, I use different methods for different cats. But the basics are pretty much the same.

First - strap the cats legs to your cutting board, so it can't get away.... :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding!! :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

I think I will try the 1+1/2 inch bolts in the back. I thought at first glance that it was attached to 2 separate brackets, but now see that it is just the 1. Thanks for the help and if it doesn't work I will look up Glen. As for skinnin a cat well ?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts