Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to do it myself and messed up. How do I get the air out of the rear brakes that are linked? I have a hand pump vaccume that I got from auto zone to bleed the lines. The master ran dry and i removed i think all the old fluid. Oops. now I'm unable to get the new dot4 fluid to drain through the lines with the use of the hand vacc. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
64,386 Posts
Speed bleeders only help with doing it with 1 person. If you don;t bleed these Honda linked brakes as per the manual or how BareassChoppers.com has it(same as the manual ) no amount of speedbleeders will help. It MUST be done exactly as it is listed

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
solved

I used the vacuum tubes and hand pump from autozone, 30.00. It is I believebelieve a must have to simplify the process for a newbie. anyway, problem solved as I was able to put the bikebike on my 1. motorcycle jack and create a uneven effect I put the 2. master cylinder on the high end and the rear caliper on the low end 3. begin to fill my way up with dot4. 4 Bleeding off the front right caliper and pumping the foot brake keeping the vacuum steady. I now have better breaking! Also 2003 1800 the rear fluid was brown. I'm 3rd owner and I assume I'm the first to change the fluid.

This is a great forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts