Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda VTX Retro Spoke
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

I am considering selling my 2003 VTX1800 Retro Spoke. Recent foot injury and surgery have sidelined me. I am looking for any/all advice about selling. Not in a rush, probably in the next 6 months.

I live in Pennsylvania 19047. Never sold a motorcycle before. I suspect selling to a local dealer is a bad idea, but open to advice. I would like to target local buyers and VTX fans. I would like to avoid Craigslist hassles with tirekickers, twentysomethings, and crazy people.

About my VTX1800: I am the one owner. New 2003 that I bought new in 2005 from local Honda dealership. Less than 11000 miles. Always garaged.

Tall windshield, front light bar, engine guards, engine guard footboards, passenger floorboards were installed by dealership before I purchased. Various bolt-on accessories, including passenger armrest unit, saddlebags, Mustang replacement seat.

Routine maintenance, including $1000 investment in 2019 in 2 new tires, full tune up, and PA inspection from a local certified Honda dealer.

Happy to provide photos, maintenance records & receipts for accessories. Unfortunately, I am currently a boot brace and crutches with 8 inches of snow, so all I can really do right now is type. :)

Anyway, I appreciate any/all advice.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
So what exactly are ya looking for?? If you need advice on how to or were to list your bike?? Price?

·
Registered
933 Posts
On a nice spring day ride to a large Honda dealer. Place a for-sale sign on with price, and tear off phone # tabs and hang around for a good while. Do a little shopping to keep the sales people at bay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can only speak for myself but I found my used bike on a site like this and drove from central Illinois to south-central Virginia to pick it up (about 1600 mile round trip). It was the right bike for the right price and came with a lot of accessories so I could change up the look any time I wanted. Ten years later and I still love it. I was hoping to drive it home but alas it was raining and consequently had to trailer it. BTW, I purchased it from Vance Whitlow who is a member here. He builds an excellent bike! So, you might want to list the bike nationally; the cost would be minimal and the audience is a lot larger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts