Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Y'all are harshing my buzz!! :)

j/k

I understand y'all's concern and appreciate you looking out for me (or at least that's how I mistook it, LOL).
I am not trying to hurt my leg. I am just resting 24/7, getting increasingly bored even though I read things, watch stuff etc. I am normally an active guy, all this sitting on my azz is really weighing on me heavily. I need to get out and do stuff.
The original doctor already fked up my summer and I am antsy and want to get out.

I know, I know, I need more patience. Anybody got a pound or two for sale? Or a gallon? I pay well! :D

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Thanks, everybody, for the ideas to use a scabbard or folding crutches.
Either would work. My current crutches would disassemble, no problem. Just more labor to get on & off the bike.
Gotta weigh my options and see what I end up doing. I might just stay at home and sit on my ass like a good obedient cripple. How dare I want to ride motorcycles when I cannot walk, right?
It sounds like you are getting upset with our suggestions, where that was definitely not the intent. If I have offended I apologize. I do hope you recover fully, and sooner than later. I'm hardly ever home, yet because of Fake Fauci and his Biden Gestapo, we were locked down in our homes for over a year. And all the other BS that went with the 99.8% recoverable flu. That didn't sit well with me at all. Peace bro.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
maybe get a VTX trike until you can ride two wheels again.

a bunch for sale on FB recently. I've seen 4 in the past month.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lou , Please adhere to Clint Eastwood "A man has gotta know his limitations ". Take care of yourself first, the bike can wait. A friend has a saying and I started saying it to myself. "If you think it could happen,it can". Good luck brother.
When you're right, you're right. Who am I to argue with Dirty Harry? :)

It sounds like you are getting upset with our suggestions, where that was definitely not the intent. If I have offended I apologize. I do hope you recover fully, and sooner than later. I'm hardly ever home, yet because of Fake Fauci and his Biden Gestapo, we were locked down in our homes for over a year. And all the other BS that went with the 99.8% recoverable flu. That didn't sit well with me at all. Peace bro.
Sorry, that was just tongue-in-cheek while expressing my frustration at MY situation, not y'all's comments. My apologies. It came out wrong, now that I re-read it.
I agree with y'all that it's not wise to ride until I can do so safely. I am just antsy and just writing about it here (where y'all understand the "itch") makes me "feel" better. Though I am a man and thus have no feelings so disregard previous sentence. LOL

maybe get a VTX trike until you can ride two wheels again.

a bunch for sale on FB recently. I've seen 4 in the past month.
Now that might be a viable option. And how do I get it home? And where do I put the crutches? THAT is the important question. LOL
Nah, I'll wait it out and get back on my VTX when I actually can.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

Sorry, that was just tongue-in-cheek while expressing my frustration at MY situation, not y'all's comments. My apologies. It came out wrong, now that I re-read it.
I agree with y'all that it's not wise to ride until I can do so safely. I am just antsy and just writing about it here (where y'all understand the "itch") makes me "feel" better. Though I am a man and thus have no feelings so disregard previous sentence. LOL

Now that might be a viable option. And how do I get it home? And where do I put the crutches? THAT is the important question. LOL
you buy it and I will fly out to it and ride it to your house..

·
Registered
3,579 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
How about one of those fold-up walkers ? I've been on one since mid July. Just yesterday I finally managed to throw a leg over a bike and am debating the same thing

View attachment 195473
Dang, sorry to hear. Hope it is just temporary and you're getting better.

And holy cheet, that Eldorado next to your Harley is sweet. Now, which one is more jealous of the other? Any fights? Any hazing? :)

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear. Hope it is just temporary and you're getting better.

And holy cheet, that Eldorado next to your Harley is sweet. Now, which one is more jealous of the other? Any fights? Any hazing? :)
First - we all wish you the very best in your recovery and many happy motorcycle miles and smiles.
LOL - the bikes all get along just fine. They live in a walk-out basement, and so I can go visit them in climate-controlled comfort, anytime. It's hard not to try to roll one out that basement door and go for a spin. I even thought about buying a well-used small bike to ride. Too soon for me, though. Maybe it'll be a nice Christmas present.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
58 Posts
oh I think it is hilarious when they approach me and say something. (even had a D.A. do it once at a court house). my response is usually very simple. I have a right leg injury, motorcycles are mostly hand controls, would you prefer I use my hands to control a deadly machine or a malfunctioning right (aka gas and brake) leg while you and your kids are on the road with me.

usually shuts them up, except fort he occasional Ken or Karen, at which point I might mention that my cane doubles as a weapon and I have no issue going back to prison.
I've actually been accused of making a fake license plate because it has the handicap emblem. Those of you with folding canes; Don't leave it in the bike for extended periods. The bungee inside it will stretch out and the cane won't hold it's shape when you need it. I pull it out and lean against the bike when I'm home. I have a rifle scabbard. Never thought to use it.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
58 Posts

With luck, by this time next week I'll have my sidecar mounted. :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've actually been accused of making a fake license plate because it has the handicap emblem. Those of you with folding canes; Don't leave it in the bike for extended periods. The bungee inside it will stretch out and the cane won't hold it's shape when you need it. I pull it out and lean against the bike when I'm home. I have a rifle scabbard. Never thought to use it.

yeah I've heard that as well. ignorance at its finest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, everybody, for the ideas to use a scabbard or folding crutches.
Either would work. My current crutches would disassemble, no problem. Just more labor to get on & off the bike.
Gotta weigh my options and see what I end up doing. I might just stay at home and sit on my ass like a good obedient cripple. How dare I want to ride motorcycles when I cannot walk, right?
Don't worry about the c word. Just make sure your legs are strong enough to hold it up when moving your bike around and sitting still. You know these horses ain't no joke even when sitting without the kickstand.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I've actually been accused of making a fake license plate because it has the handicap emblem.
Did you tell them (politely or impolitely) to STFU?
I love retarded ignorant Karens. Let them call their defunded overworked understaffed police and see what the LEO has to say to the inbred nit-wat.
And I would probably ask whether the officer feels like writing her a citation for abuse of emergency services. :D

Those of you with folding canes; Don't leave it in the bike for extended periods. The bungee inside it will stretch out and the cane won't hold it's shape when you need it. I pull it out and lean against the bike when I'm home. I have a rifle scabbard. Never thought to use it.
I do not leave mine in the bike but good point nonetheless.
Though another factor is the life-span of the cheap Chinese plastic inserts that prevent the joints from wobbling. I usually destroy those before anything else. A folding cane lasts me maybe a few years.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Don't worry about the c word. Just make sure your legs are strong enough to hold it up when moving your bike around and sitting still. You know these horses ain't no joke even when sitting without the kickstand.
Agreed. While I would love to go ride, I fear I would not be able to walk her much, Holding her up while stopped "should" not be a problem (but I have no proof yet). But walking her definitely would.
It's just my dang addiction. Weather finally cooled down, we're now in 90s and cold front tonight so we'll be in 80s from now on. Perfect riding weather, our Indian Summer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a dilemma. I have been bed-ridden (after almost losing my leg) for 3 months now and really miss riding. My VTX has a thin layer of dust and some cob-webs on her, I am sad to admit.
With the cooler weather that has finally made it down to Texas, I cannot wait to go riding again. I should be able to hold her up and operate all controls just fine in a week or two. Though I still can't walk very well. So I'd need crutches with me anywhere I go.
So if you were as hot-headed (about riding) as I am, how would you transport your crutches? (the tall ones, not the French kind)

I have a sissy-bar on the back so one of the ideas that popped into my mind was to attach the crutches to it upside down. Use multiple bungee cords and tighten the piss out of 'em. It might look funny but I am not one to really GAF.
Attaching the crutches along the side of the bike might not be viable due to my big saddle-bag boxes. Plus it would hinder my use of legs too.
Heck, strapped diagonally across my back, like a bow?

So fellow riders, how would YOU transport the crutches if you had to?
I suggest dropping the passenger peg standing the crutches on the peg (strap them to the peg) and lean them across the saddle bag and bungee them to the sissy bar (I do it with a golf club range bag)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I would go with the fold-up crutches, if you must ride, but it if you go down even softly it could be very bad. In 2007 I had a bad leg injury and was by my self in the house for 3 weeks. My mailbox is about 100 yards from the house and since I couldn't walk back up hill from it I rode my motorcycle down to get the mail. If I had fallen over there is NO way I could have picked it up, that's something else to consider.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts