Honda VTX Forum banner

Hunt for Solo Seat

1K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  KURLY 
#1 ·
Where can I find a solo seat for my stock 04' 1300C?

#2 ·
You can do the 1800 seat mod. You just buy a seat from a 1800 and modify it to fit your 1300, and then you can have a solo or use the passinger seat to. You can find used seats for sale on here or on ebay. Otherwise if you want something different you can get almost any aftermarket seat solo.

#6 ·
Based on many other threads on seats, I'd say use BadX and mod a seat for your use.

Or you can go with an Ultimate (I like mine) or Mustang or Corbin, etc.

Best bet would be to sit on as many as you can!

Best wishes :thumbup:

#10 ·
Firedog, I went with a Mustang Vintage solo seat. I love it. It is so much better than stock. I could go maybe 30 mins with the stock seat before butt-burn started setting in. The mustang seat was great from the start. I didn't even need to break it in. I have never even thought about my seat since getting the Mustang. It's way better and I highly recommend it.

#13 ·
I've got a 1300C bike and bought an 1800C seat. BadX did the mod (1800 to 1300) as well as a seat mod and it's awesome!!!

#15 ·
I have a modded 1800C seat and reshaped / memory foamed by none other than BadX himself. Great group of guys. Treat you right and your seat.

However, I like it for traveling, I am looking at the Arizona Slammer by SoCal for that round the town slammed down look.

OhioBob

#17 ·
Yeah, BettyBoop. I know, you beat me to that seat a while back on the forums here. LOL. Glad you are loving it. Just gives me all the more confidence that I will too.

Ride Safe and May you all have a Happy & Blessed New Year.

OhioBob

#19 ·
I don't believe the So Cal Slammer or Solo are in production any longer.
The original So Cal Cycle Seats is out of business. Their old website
(www.socalcycleseats.com) takesyou here:
http://www.looneyseats.com/ and that appears to be a
Massachusetts based business. Rumor I heard was that a patented
seatpan was being used with no royalties having been paid to the patent
holder. I have no idea if that's true.

There's a new So Cal Motorcycle Seats out of California at this web
site: http://www.socalmcseats.com/ and you don't find either the
Slammer or Solo listed on that website.

I love my So Cal Arizona (Slammer) for local cruising, but it's not
comfortable for long rides. I have a 2nd seat for that.

I dealt with Mike Miller who recovered my Arizona/Slammer. I have no
idea where Mike ended up, but he was great to deal with. Anyone know
where Miller is?

#20 ·
I've got both the SoCal Slammer and the Ultimate Low Rider.
Like was said before, the Slammer isn't comfortable enough for long rides but was the lowest seat make for the 1300 VTX.
Check out my album to see pictures of both.

#21 ·
Yeah, BettyBoop. I know, you beat me to that seat a while back on the forums here. LOL. Glad you are loving it. Just gives me all the more confidence that I will too.

Ride Safe and May you all have a Happy & Blessed New Year.

OhioBob

;)..lol...don't know how I beat ya to it...it was listed for about a year before I saw it...lol...But I do love it !! Even on long trips..guess my hiney is shaped different than the guys...lol...

Hope you and yours also have a Happy and Blessed New Year !!

#22 ·
Here's my Ultimate seat. No miles on it yet tho. Lookin forward to trying it out the first chance I get.

Jrose, I love your seat... :thumbup: Eventhough I have a Mustang solo which is great, that's the badboy of all seats. I just didn't want to cough-up the $. Let us know how it works out. If you don't like it I'll trade you my Mustang for it :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.