Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to ride to CA from TN this summer. I plan to start south at Seattle. I especially want to ride south on 101 and PCH to San Luis Obispo. Is the middle of June a good time for weather out there? Any specific suggestions or warnings? Some VTXers have given me some great insights on the normal VTX rider board, but I thought that I should check in with you folks in CA. Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Usually no rain in June. Starts to get foggy and overcast in monterey area. Youll like the ride. Ive ridden to Big Sur a few times. Can be a bit cool and windy but very nice ride.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As stated, the coast can be foggy and overcast in June, but SLO is inland enough that the temps are pretty nice. I live about 30 minutes south of SLO and can go from needing a jacket along the coast to being in 100 degrees inland.

Here is a link to the CAVTX board where you might get more responses from the locals that ride that route regularly.

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/

·
Registered
65 Posts
101 or highway 1

I could wait until July if I needed to. Whadya think?
Take 101 to Legget then go onto highway 1 you will not regret it. Slower but what a great road to cruise on. We love it and you will to. Take a camera, and take your time, weather will be great. We have done this ride there is no other better then highway 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts