Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my hypercharger/jet kit installed by a dealer about 2 weeks ago. I have put about 200 miles on the bike since. My gas mileage has gone from 38.5 mpg to 28. After filling up on Sunday, when downshifting at a stop, I get a great deal of popping from the pipes. I also has the pair valve removed using the sherman coasters. Anyone have any ideas? I talked to the dealer this morning and he said that the gas mileage was expected and that he installed the jet kit just like the instructions told him too. He wasn’t very helpful needles to say. Anyway, if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
A drop in mileage is expected yes, but 10 mpg?? That's a whopper. My question to the dealer would be what size jets did they put in and where they set the needle keeper at. Then call Kury or Thunder (whichever you got the Hyper from) and ask them what the proper jets and keeper position is.

When we put the Thunder teardrop on my wife's bike (750 Spirit) Thunder sent the idle and main jets that were supposed to match the air kit. But they were WAY to big, actually so big the bike wouldn't run. A call to Thunder and they said, "Yeah, those are wrong, several of them got shipped with the wrong jets, we'll send you the right ones"

The decel popping is from a rich condition on decel which the wrong jet could cause. Also make sure you're not holding the throttle open when decellerating. Holding it open a crack will make the popping worse. The popping won't hurt anything it's just annoying. 8)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you post RobDogg..... I sent you a PM.

This is a Kury Hypercharger. The jet kit was the one that came with the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts