Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input from owners of the Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger. How much further from the engine does this thing stick out? Does it make you stick your knees further out? Likes,dislikes? Did your bike perform better? Did it need a fuel management? Do you know of a better looking unit that performs as good or better? I love the look it. Is the new design supposed to perform better?

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
floydbell said:
How much further from the engine does this thing stick out? Does it make you stick your knees further out?
A couple inches further than the stock box, it didn't hit my knee until I put my foot on the cruise peg. Not uncomfortable, just different.
floydbell said:
Likes,dislikes?
Shiny chrome butterflies in the wind
floydbell said:
Did your bike perform better?
Better than the stock airbox, yes
floydbell said:
Did it need a fuel management?
No
floydbell said:
Do you know of a better looking unit that performs as good or better?
Any open filter intake performs better, Thunder Teardrop, Tornado, Hurricane, Barons BAK all outperform the Hyper. The Hyper is more looks.
floydbell said:
Is the new design supposed to perform better?
I doubt it, it is looks. 8)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
floydbell said:
I need some input from owners of the Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger. How much further from the engine does this thing stick out? Does it make you stick your knees further out? Likes,dislikes? Did your bike perform better? Did it need a fuel management? Do you know of a better looking unit that performs as good or better? I love the look it. Is the new design supposed to perform better?
*I'm not sure how much further it sticks out from stock (3" ???)
*Yes it makes your knee stick out a little further (although not bad 32" inseam) If you have shorter legs it may be an issue.
*Yes, my bike definately performed better but, I added Bigshots and Cobra FI 2000 at the same time.
*I would say that you probably don't need a fuel manager unless you add pipes. I would test first.
*Looks are subjective so thats up to you. I personally have always liked the looks of the hyper but, what really gets me is the moving butterflies. I just think its cool to see them fluttering. :D 8)
*Its my opinion that the Proton 4 is an awsome looking intake that is said to perform the best. This would be my choice and may consider it if available in the future. (I'm strapped :( )
*I've read that some of the intakes such as (Tornado and Big Air) perform a little better then the hyper.
*I'm not sure about the new hyper's performance---guessing no significant difference.
I like the looks of the hyper much better than some of the other intakes and it performs well. I would recommend it.

As with alot of things there are many choices.....form, function, price.........its all you bro! 8)

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts