Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade to Vance and Hines Cruizers or Bubs jug huggers. I am open for suggestions! Does anybody have any other pipes they like on a VTX 1300S? I am going to do the pair valve removal, rejet with a dynojet stage one, and add a K&N airfilter that fits my stock filter.
I am looking for any suggestions that might make my bike run and sound better.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I believe that the HK Big 3" straights are the best looking option for the R/S model. They sound ok as they are but there is an upgrade for the OEM baffles available that make them sound awesome.

I recently changed from the HK 3's to Hard Krome K 2's. the K 2's are exactly retro looking but justed wanted a change. I like 'em and they sound ok too. An upgrade for the OEM baffles will be available soon as well.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
michael7276 said:
I believe that the HK Big 3" straights are the best looking option for the R/S model. They sound ok as they are but there is an upgrade for the OEM baffles available that make them sound awesome.

I recently changed from the HK 3's to Hard Krome K 2's. the K 2's are exactly retro looking but justed wanted a change. I like 'em and they sound ok too. An upgrade for the OEM baffles will be available soon as well.

shameless plug!..lol

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
biod929 said:
michael7276 said:

shameless plug!..lol
Shameless?
I didn't name names!
LOL!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I had the HK big 3' no aftermarket baffels that I loved. I'v heard the bulb's were awsome also. I belive michael has a sound clip of the big 3' with his baffels installed.

I would have gotton the cannon's if I would have known about them. They are long and narrow which I think is more retro than any of the other pipes.
I dont have a link but i would :wink: check em out. I hear they are supper loud.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with the BUB's

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got Vance and Hines Cruisers & love them. While not the loudest pipes, they do have great sound & a great look on a Retro

Rob $.02

G

·
IMO the Bubs look best on a "C", and Bigshots look best on an "R"/"S". Like the looks of the HK 3" too, but have never heard them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info! I am going with the factory pro jet kit, and going all the way with the BUBS JUG HUGGERS. I found a great deal on honda direct on the BUBS $483.00! Can not wait! Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Bubs and Big Air Kit. Did the pair valve removal. Went with the dynojet kit that came with the BAK. Runs good but has a slight flat spot mid throttle and I think I can get more out of the top end. I am going with the factory pro jet kit this week. I have a friend that did that and his powerband is much better than mine. I love the Bubs! I listened to many pipes and liked those the best. I liked the HK-K2s also for the look and sound but in the end I went with Bubs. I am very happy.
Install of everything took me a morning. Its not too bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts