Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I bought my son his first bike...a Kawasaki ZR-7s! It's not a Honda but he's still very proud of it!

Naturally we had to get him a helmet,jacket, gloves and boots but he still can't ride it until he goes to the MSF class.

It's gonna be great to have another rider in the family! And yes, I am a proud papa :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Congrats! He'll love the bike and the MSF course. Did mine over at the Honda place in Las Colinas. Those guys are great!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the nice comments.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sweet!!! Check out ZR-7.com.. Lots of neat gee wiz stuff there. It's not vtxoa but nobody's perfect. I know he will enjoy that bike. When he gets ready for tires go for a stickier set of Dunny's or Battleaxes. Man did that make my Z ride sweet. Congrats again!!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
My son and I went thru the MSF course in Irving at the Honda Training facility last April. I bought him everything but the bike :? , I don't want his mom coming after me :shock:

As soon as he can afford his own bike, we are going to hit the road together too.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
N2theX: At someone's suggestion (your's I think) I checked out the ZR-7.com forum before I purchased the bike. The info there was really good and helped me make the decision to get it for him. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
those are cool bikes
I am glad you had enough sense not to get him something smaller. with that bike he will be able to ride it for YEARS!!!! and still enjoy it.
the torque is nice on them 8)

·
Registered
783 Posts
david

I KNOW you're only towing the X in the trailer in case the van breaks down. Right? :wink: jim

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks JC. Once he gets some experience on it, I'll have to bring it down and let you work some of your magic on it! If you have any comments or suggestions about the ZR-7s, I'd welcome them.

BTW, I could not be happier with how my VTX runs since you did the custom map!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Ricstir. He got his "learner's license" today so we can start practicing in a parking lot! :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Never Been a Kawa fan. But have fun!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hangman: He won't be able to take the MSF class until after his school is over in May so he''s have to miss the rally. Maybe next year!

BTW, I have some polish for you if you still want it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
VTXRAT said:
BTW, I have some polish for you if you still want it.
You bet I do. I'm leaving town Friday and will be pretty much on lockdown (by the family) after that - but will drop a check in the mail to you. I've been kinda swamped and not much time to play - Must be the weather seems like every one has been having the same problem.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
The sportbikes are still wicked fast. The 7's are still way faster than our X's. Be careful. Lots of bike for an inexperienced rider. Great bikes though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts