Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to modify my stock pipe on my 04 1800C. I would like to do the mod on Bare's website but I don't have access to a welder or any cutting tools....all I have is a drill. :shock: What are my options without buying new pipes?
Somebody please HELP :cry:

·
Super Moderator
63,884 Posts
You could try a muffler shop, but they likely won't do it, or scratch the chrome if you don't remove the heat shield before you bring it to them. If you don't have the tools or a buddy that does, I don't know how to tell you to do it. You have to cut, and weld it back again. 8)

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read that on some of the other models you can drill holes in the back of the pipe.....Why can't I do this on my bike? Someone please help me. Maybe I could find someone that had a modified stock pipe for sale?
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had tried just drilling holes and it did not result in a very good sound. I ended up doing the whole mod and had a buddy do all the cutting and welding. Let me tell you, those baffles do NOT come out easy. I was not real happy with the mod. WAY too loud for me. I went with the Hard Krome 3" straights and love em!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had the same problem with my "c". I did this as a temprary fix til I got an exhaust, but I like it so much I may keep it! I bought a 1/2 drill bit at Home Depot, it's about 9" long and under $15.00 if I remember correctly. Removed the chrome cap on the end of pipe. Drilled 4 holes perpendicular to the two exhaust pipes exiting the angled cap and continued drilling into the end of the stainless muffler (it's a little tough, it's stainless). I put two holes on each side of the pipes. Cleaned up the burrs (sp?) with a file. Taped everything off and sprayed hi-temp flat black. Since you could see through the 4 holes I drilled in the angled cap, I also painted the end of the stainless muffler I had just drilled the holes in. Put the chrome end cap back and she's done. It's not obnoxioulsy loud, but you get some good volume. Good Luck with what ever you decide to do. JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts