Honda VTX Forum banner

I just ordered a Metzler tire from HDL and

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Gary in Indiana 
#1 ·
I am being charged a dollar tire disposal fee! Now I'm not one to quibble over a buck BUT I have to dispose of the tire! I'm charged the same thing when I get tires for the truck or the car but THEY take care of the old tires! I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

#2 ·
VTX Candy Red said:
I am being charged a dollar tire disposal fee! Now I'm not one to quibble over a buck BUT I have to dispose of the tire! I'm charged the same thing when I get tires for the truck or the car but THEY take care of the old tires! I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Punishment for owning a red bike :)

#4 ·
Bigdog 1 said:
[quote="VTX Candy Red":1i7k373y]I am being charged a dollar tire disposal fee! Now I'm not one to quibble over a buck BUT I have to dispose of the tire! I'm charged the same thing when I get tires for the truck or the car but THEY take care of the old tires! I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Punishment for owning a red bike :)[/quote:1i7k373y]

LMAO never happend to my black bike :twisted:

#6 ·
#8 ·
PA has the same law. I work for a RV Dealership and we have to charge a $1.00 for every new tire on a vehicle. Now remember this is on new vehicles not like we are throwing out the tires on the trade.

Even if we sell something to somebody in CA, we are required by the state law to collect the $1.00 per tire.

George

#9 ·
In NC they figure that even if you keep the tire, it will eventually end up in a tire disposal site some where. Here when you do carry you tires to a disposal site, you don't have to pay. You paid when you bought them.

G
#10 ·
VTX Candy Red said:
It actually has nothing to do with your tire being disposed of:

Examples of previous Scrap Tire Recycling Grant recipients are:

manufacturers or processors who use crumb rubber,
tire-derived fuel feed systems,
projects that use scrap tire material in civil engineering applications and
organizations conducting research and development on the uses of scrap tires.
A 100 percent match is required of successful applicants. Projects that impact the largest Ohio market area and consume the largest volume of scrap tire materials will receive increased consideration.

Funding for the Scrap Tire Recycling Grants comes from a $1 per tire disposal fee imposed by dealers when new tires are purchased in Ohio.

G
#11 ·
Gary in Indiana said:
[quote="Hal @ Honda Direct Line":3n9jqs1l]We got audited by the state and had to pay a significant fine for not doing it.

The states want their money and that is how they interpret their law.
Is that an Ohio thing since you have a store in Ohio or is it on every tire regardless of destination?[/quote:3n9jqs1l]

It varies by state. You would have to go into our online store and actually add your state and start a tire order and see if you are chaarged or not. My brain doesn't remember which states require it.

#12 ·
Here Locally, they charge $2.00 Bucks!! One for the New on One for the Old!! And if U have Truck Tires, They have chraged up to $5.00 each way!!

Just another way the Man sticks it to us :wink: :roll:

#15 ·
Everybody wants your money. I think it's a buck and change to "dispose" of tires here in South Carolina. They also charge to "dispose" of car and motorcycle batteries. It's just another form of taxation that they don't call "taxation". Hell, we may as all well apply for government jobs since we all basically work for the government now what with all the taxes.

I feel so violated :evil:

#18 ·
Its government crap dont blame Hal Lets hope they spend the money on our troops. Have a safe one.

Sorry, TennX, but I'm betting they spend it on themselves.

"Go git me a cup of that Starbucks 1/2 milkfat, extra sugar whizbang latte, honey. Take it out of the office account that the suckers pay for. Oh, and git me the schedule on when we vote ourselves another pay raise. OK, honey???" ... :shock:

#20 ·
CrunkedItUp said:
Everybody wants your money. I think it's a buck and change to "dispose" of tires here in South Carolina. They also charge to "dispose" of car and motorcycle batteries. It's just another form of taxation that they don't call "taxation". Hell, we may as all well apply for government jobs since we all basically work for the government now what with all the taxes.

Let's organize a ride to Boston, find a ship carrying tires, and dump them all into the bay! :twisted:

#21 ·
4inchpistons said:
CrunkedItUp said:

Let's organize a ride to Boston, find a ship carrying tires, and dump them all into the bay! :twisted:
It's going to take a helluva lot more than *that* this time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.